Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone

November 8th, 2012
    02:00 PM ET

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf on November 1, the Pentagon disclosed on Thursday.

The incident, reported first by CNN, raised fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

The drone was on routine maritime surveillance in international airspace east of Kuwait, 16 miles off the coast of Iran, U.S. officials said. The Predator was not hit.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...one/?hpt=hp_t3

At least it comes out a week after the elections.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Well, since it seems the mission seems to have jumped the 7 year unclass period, at least according to the WH... Talk about a bullshit excuse about why nothing was said about this until after the election.

I first heard about this a few days before the election. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but my first thought was Iran committed an overt act of war against us, and that of course the Obama admin didn't say a thing about it until after his reelection had been secured. Political expediency with this admin has just sickened me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well, since it seems the mission seems to have jumped the 7 year unclass period, at least according to the WH... Talk about a bullshit excuse about why nothing was said about this until after the election.

I first heard about this a few days before the election. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but my first thought was Iran committed an overt act of war against us, and that of course the Obama admin didn't say a thing about it until after his reelection had been secured. Political expediency with this admin has just sickened me.
    I wonder if some of the folks who voted for Obama are having buyers' remorse. It's not the cynic in you, it's logic. When Obama talked about having a transparent administration, he sure wasn't talking about being honest with the voters. He was referring to how transparent their motives are---from the Libya debacle to covering up Iran's trying to shoot down one of our drones til after the election.

This isn't exactly a surprise. I'm sure our enemies are laughing their a__ off at how weak we are now. He's made our country appear to be inpotent to our enemies. And sadly we are.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

They can't hit a freakin' DRONE?! Damn! If I couldn't hit a drone I sure as hell wouldn't go back to the boss and tell him I missed. I might tell him I couldn't find the damn thing. I might tell him some bullshit story about this SR-71 that went streaking by, and I tried to shoot it but it outran my bullets. But I sure as hell ain't going into his office and tell him about this unmanned TOY that I missed!

These guys just ain't all that good.

I hope everyone here is aware that you can impeach a president by a simple majority in the house. Trial in the Senate, sure. But if Republicans had the political will to impeach Obama they could.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I hope everyone here is aware that you can impeach a president by a simple majority in the house. Trial in the Senate, sure. But if Republicans had the political will to impeach Obama they could.

They don't. It would be chalked up to politics or race and would eventually damage the GOP further.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    They can't hit a freakin' DRONE?! Damn! If I couldn't hit a drone I sure as hell wouldn't go back to the boss and tell him I missed. I might tell him I couldn't find the damn thing. I might tell him some bullshit story about this SR-71 that went streaking by, and I tried to shoot it but it outran my bullets. But I sure as hell ain't going into his office and tell him about this unmanned TOY that I missed!

These guys just ain't all that good.
    Actually I'm not surprised that they missed the drone. The SU-25 Frogfoot is a ground attack aircraft, not an air to air fighter, and does not have the hardware for dogfighting such as a lead computing gunsight. Couple that with the small size and low speed of the drone realative to the Frogfoot would make it a hard target to engage in ACM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Actually I'm not surprised that they missed the drone. The SU-25 Frogfoot is a ground attack aircraft, not an air to air fighter, and does not have the hardware for dogfighting such as a lead computing gunsight. Couple that with the small size and low speed of the drone realative to the Frogfoot would make it a hard target to engage in ACM.
    Not to mention the 20-something kid flying the drone has more "Combat" flying experience thanks to military flying games on his X Box 360 that that Iranian pilot has in that aircraft.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

What was our response to this? Bueller, anyone?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What was our response to this? Bueller, anyone?
    Whatever response we gave, if any, would most likely not be something that could be shared with the general public.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.