#1 Constitutional Amendments that will never happen but should11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Just a couple of thoughts:
- Congress shall pass no law to which it exempts itself.
- Congress shall not distribute any revenue, except in return for services rendered or goods delivered. No appropriation shall be made for any purpose except the necessary functions of government under the powers enumerated herein.
- Congress shall make no law which infringes on the right of the people to create, use or dispose of property.
- No person shall be seated in the Congress who has been convicted of a felony, or impeached from federal office.
- The right of the states to enforce the laws of the nation shall not be abridged.
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Congress shall not have a budget that consists of deficit spending, except in times of war.
Or something like that
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
- Join Date
- May 2010
At first I thought we could change it to say: "Congress shall not have a budget that adds to the Federal Deficit"... but then, Congress would just stop passing Congressional Budgets... and invent something tortured like "ad hoc budgets" and then lawyers can argue whether they are technically budgets for purposes of this amendment. AFAIK, we haven't passed a budget in years.
So maybe... "Congress shall not engage in deficit spending"... but then they will redefine "engage"
What about... "It shall be prohibited for Federal Receipts to be greater than Federal Revenue in single fiscal year."
And then a thought struck me. We just need to stop electing Congressmen that redefine constitutional language so as to suit them, for any new constitutional amendments to matter.
Last edited by m00; 11-09-2012 at 04:25 PM.
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
* A member of the House shall not represent a population greater than fifty thousand
11-09-2012, 07:17 PMIn most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.
In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
11-09-2012, 07:52 PM
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|