Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Statement on Resignation of Petraeus 
    Below is the text of the statement from the Director of National Intelligence

DNI STATEMENT ON THE RESIGNATION OF CIA DIRECTOR DAVID PETRAEUS

Today, CIA Director David Petraeus submitted his letter of resignation to the President. Dave’s decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation’s most respected public servants. From his long, illustrious Army career to his leadership at the helm of CIA, Dave has redefined what it means to serve and sacrifice for one’s country.

Since he took over as Director in September of last year, he and I have worked together to tackle some of the most challenging issues faced by the Intelligence Community in more than a decade. Under his leadership, the CIA remained instrumental in providing our policy makers decision advantage through the best possible intelligence. I’m particularly thankful for Dave’s unwavering support and personal commitment to my efforts to lead the Intelligence Community and integrate our intelligence enterprise.

Whether he was in uniform leading our nation’s troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, or at CIA headquarters leading the effort to generate intelligence used to keep our nation safe, Dave inspired people who had the privilege of working with him.

I have spent more than five decades serving our country–in uniform and out–and of all the exceptional men and women I have worked with over the years, I can honestly say that Dave Petraeus stands out as one of our nation’s great patriots.

On behalf of the entire Intelligence Community, I thank Dave for his service, his support and his continued friendship.

James R. Clapper

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/1...n-of-petreaus/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Another one of Obama's casualtes. Honest men don't last long in the O administration. God help us who he gets to do this job next.

General Petraeus is a patriot, not many of them left. I can't believe how the left mocked him with "be-tray-us". That was shameful.

Thanks to a good man for his service to our country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Honest men. Have you heard the reason he gave for his resignation?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Honest men. Have you heard the reason he gave for his resignation?
    Yes, and I do not for one minute think a man of his caliber, whether the reason given was true or not ... would resign over something so inconsequential to the "big picture" as this.

There is more to this story than meets the eye!!!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Power CUer
    Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff. There are lots of conspiracy theories over at FR.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff. There are lots of conspiracy theories over at FR.
    Odd timing. And it's particularly odd that he would put it in the first sentence of his resignation letter. I suspect one of the thugs weren't happy with the assertion that the CIA had not refused support when requested. Remember that "revenge" thing mentioned by our annointed one and his close friend, Valerie Jarrett?

Something smells here. I agree with ABC.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I agree. Security clearances are greatly affected by affairs. They call into question the possiblity of blackmail, and raise trust issues. Petraeus seems like someone who would do the right thing. Timing is suspicious though.

Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff.
    That is not what I meant.

Regardless of what it meant ... if true, to his career, I meant it in terms of what he was about to testify to in regard to Benghazi ...

What if his truth would reflect badly on our beloved leader?

IMHO ... he has been squelched!!!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

I think if the CIA can fake the moon landing, assassinate JFK, and architect 9/11, it shouldn't have been too hard to cover up a simple affair if they really wanted to.

Power CUer
    As I said, there are lots of conspiracy theories over on FR. They probably have lots you haven't thought of yet.