Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    More then likely considering the position he's leaving, there would be a confidentiality clause attached upon leaving. One with sever penalties. He won't say a word, not if he doesn't want prison time.

Same with those two relived for disobeying Obama in Libya. They can't talk, if they do, Obama will throw the book at them for disobeying a direct order from the CnC of the US. Those in the military should know what penalties come with that. They are in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Right now, they are facing at best a discharge from the military. But if they talk, they will face hard time.
    Whistle blower protection laws Apoc. They're designed to prevent things like that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I look at the world though the lens of a very simple philosophy... there are no coincidences.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    They are in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Right now, they are facing at best a discharge from the military. But if they talk, they will face hard time.
    There is nothing harder to face for a good man than his own conscience.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They said she was his biographer and was there in Afghanistan with him for a year. So it's nothing all that recent. And it was coming across that it was found by the FBI, who "happened" to come across some emails from her. Geeze, what a coincidence. It sounds like a setup.
    An interesting comment I found re this story on Breitbart ...

How quickly we forget. The Chicago nazi would always find either a divorce or extramarital affair attached to one of their opponents. True?
    I remember reading about this long ago somewhere. About how Obama defeated *all* his opponents when running for the Illinois State Senate.

Whether true or not, I don't know, but I wouldn't put anything past this despicable man and his enablers.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whistle blower protection laws Apoc. They're designed to prevent things like that.
    Not fully.

What is Military Whistleblower protection?
    The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. 1034, as amended, prohibits interference with a military memberís right to make protected communications to members of Congress; Inspectors General; members of DoD audit, inspection, investigation or law enforcement organizations; and other persons or organizations (including the chain of command) designated by regulation or administrative procedures. A protected communication is any lawful communication to a Member of Congress or an IG, as well as any communication made to a person or organization designated under competent regulations to receive such communications, which a member of the Armed Services reasonably believes reports a violation of law or regulation.
    What law or regulation did Obama violate when he ordered those two to stand down and not engage?

Did they disobey a direct order from Obama? Hell yes.

The Wistleblower clause doesn't protect them unless there was an actual violation of some law or regulation.

If they talk, they are screwed. They could face Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years. If Obama really wanted to be a dick, say it is during a time of war, and add the death penalty.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They said she was his biographer and was there in Afghanistan with him for a year. So it's nothing all that recent. And it was coming across that it was found by the FBI, who "happened" to come across some emails from her. Geeze, what a coincidence. It sounds like a setup.
    I doubt its a set-up, but won't rule it out. To me, sounds like a lame excuse to get the hell out of dodge before Obama has a chance to throw him under the bus for Libya putting full blame on Petraeus for the incident.

Obama wants him gone bad enough, I do believe he has it in his authority to just replace him. I think Petraeus knows enough of what really happened, but also knows that there is enough to put the blame back on him self if Obama really was looking for a scape-goat.
    Rest In Peace America

Won't it be easier to scapegoat him now that he is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    but the mess-----iah is immune to law.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Won't it be easier to scapegoat him now that he is gone?
    He could. But least now Petraeus is out safely enough that his retirement and benefits should be safe from any reprisal.
    Rest In Peace America