Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    He could. But least now Petraeus is out safely enough that his retirement and benefits should be safe from any reprisal.
    Then it may have been done by mutual agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Then it may have been done by mutual agreement.
    Polite term for a deal was done. But it might be disrupted. There was a congressman on Fox tonight who said they'll talk to Patraeus voluntarily or via subpoena. I don't think the general will lie under oath. But who knows how many threats are being held over his head.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What will the President do? He's a private citizen now. Short of his car break lines suddenly breaking... I hope we're not that ready to go off the deep end on conspiracy theories yet.

If Congress subpoena's him to testify, then he's obligated to.
    C'mon Jonsey don't be that naive. You're talking about an administration that has unsealed divorce records...made up outright lies and God knows what else to get where its at now. He's got a military pension they can screw with and if they felt so inclined they could still call him back to AD and courts martial him on this and drop him a star or two.

You don't need to ask what else this President will do...ask when he's gonna do it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    C'mon Jonsey don't be that naive. You're talking about an administration that has unsealed divorce records...made up outright lies and God knows what else to get where its at now. He's got a military pension they can screw with and if they felt so inclined they could still call him back to AD and courts martial him on this and drop him a star or two.

You don't need to ask what else this President will do...ask when he's gonna do it.
    Only Congress has the authority do that Tx.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    He could. But least now Petraeus is out safely enough that his retirement and benefits should be safe from any reprisal.
    Nope they can still screw with his benefits.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Rep. King says he is still expected to testify.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...y_witness.html

"Absolutely, to me, he's an absolutely necessary witness," King said when asked if Petraeus will testify.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

If he does testify does anyone really think that congress would start impeachment hearings against Obama if he was implicated in questionable activities concerning Benghazi?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If he does testify does anyone really think that congress would start impeachment hearings against Obama if he was implicated in questionable activities concerning Benghazi?
    Nope ...

Not this reluctant serf!!!!!!

Would be stopped DOA in the Senate!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 11-10-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    ONLY if the press clamors for it. Add the sex twist to the Benghazi and now you have something the press is interested in. And an Obama defending himself is not an Obama willing to persecute his accuser.

Read my made up story about Petraeus and Broadwell:
    Patraeus knows Obama has to go. Broadwell feels the same way. They thought Obama would lose and that would take care of the problem.
    But it didn't.
    No problem; they had a plan B.
    Plan B was they staged an affair that they never had, and leaked the story to the FBI through a third party who was undergoing a routine background check. The third party believed the story was true, and didn't realize she was being used by Patraeus and Broadwell.
    When the third party tells the FBI, the FBI goes to Broadwell to corroborate the story. Broadwell confesses that it is all true. She tells Patraeus that the plan is working.
    Patraeus resigns. Obama accepts and the rest of the world is stunned.
    Now, Patraeus, as a civilian, can be compelled to testify as to what he knew about Obama's activities during the Benghazi affair.
    His testimony is damning! Obama has actually broken the law and lied about it, and Patraeus knew about it all along but could not tell anyone as long as he was employed as Director.
    Obama is impeached, disgraced, and removed from office!

(last scene) Patraeus, Mrs Patraeus, Broadwell, and Mr Broadwell are all enjoying a barbeque together. Patraeus has his retirement, and Broadwell's book about Patraeus has become a best seller. None of them will ever have to work again and they have rid America of the worst President in history......And no one ever suspected the truth.

The End
    Now, I just made the whole thing up. But what if portions of it are true?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Who said it?

It would seem to me that it's Congress's business who does and doesn't testify.
    Congress "asked" Shrillery, she declined. Seems her busy schedule just could not accommodate something so inconsequential as a few questions into a murder investigation. I wonder if she'll get a pass from Maobama like Holder if she is subpoenaed.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand