Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Yes, and I do not for one minute think a man of his caliber, whether the reason given was true or not ... would resign over something so inconsequential to the "big picture" as this.

There is more to this story than meets the eye!!!
    I would be sure of it, which is why I can't understand why people are investing so much time and emotion on it. There are such parlor games in the halls of power. People come and go strategically. And consider that Petraeus never spent very long in any position he held in his career. Hell, he spent most of his life going to school and hopscotching up the ladder of command.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Odd timing. And it's particularly odd that he would put it in the first sentence of his resignation letter. I suspect one of the thugs weren't happy with the assertion that the CIA had not refused support when requested. Remember that "revenge" thing mentioned by our annointed one and his close friend, Valerie Jarrett?

Something smells here. I agree with ABC.
    Come on now. Can you honestly imagine George Bush putting up with any shit out of the likes of Valerie Jarrett? We're not talking about the Secretary of Agriculture here, we're talking about the Director of the CIA.

Yes, it's odd that he would be so candid, but if he's one of those guys who joined up with the Promise Keeper set or some other confessional self flogging group of knee walkers who made him cry, then throwing himself on a fire in penance would be entirely consistent.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I've heard he's up for President of Princeton.
    Makes sense. He spent a lot of time there, in uniform no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I would be sure of it, which is why I can't understand why people are investing so much time and emotion on it. There are such parlor games in the halls of power. People come and go strategically. And consider that Petraeus never spent very long in any position he held in his career. Hell, he spent most of his life going to school and hopscotching up the ladder of command.
    Two generals and one admiral in the last month after Benghazi, nothing to see here, move along.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Come on now. Can you honestly imagine George Bush putting up with any shit out of the likes of Valerie Jarrett? We're not talking about the Secretary of Agriculture here, we're talking about the Director of the CIA.

Yes, it's odd that he would be so candid, but if he's one of those guys who joined up with the Promise Keeper set or some other confessional self flogging group of knee walkers who made him cry, then throwing himself on a fire in penance would be entirely consistent.
    How rich, you of all people comparing PK's to "self floggers and knee walkers." What is it then for those who stick lightbulbs and Gerbils up their anus and allow men to pound away at their sphincters like jack hammers? Come on Skippy, use your vaunted adjectives to skillfully describe that.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Two generals and one admiral in the last month after Benghazi, nothing to see here, move along.
    Shit happens.

Not that it's at all relevant, but on election night after going to the Romney office to gloat, I stopped by McDonald's for a vanilla cone (175 calories). I handed the clerk a five dollar bill and apparently aware that his candidate had lost, this idiot (whom I suspect was from the midwest judging by his accent) said, "This is who we need for President." I looked at him like he was the idiot he was, and said, "You mean a man who killed 600,000 Americans?" He was puzzled, and said, "Oh, the Civil War? " in a tone of voice like "That silly thing?"

I would love to be able to report that I converted that young man to enlightenment, but instead I looked at him and said, "No, what this country needs is a benevolent dictator and within ten years we will have one."

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    How rich, you of all people comparing PK's to "self floggers and knee walkers." What is it then for those who stick lightbulbs and Gerbils up their anus and allow men to pound away at their sphincters like jack hammers? Come on Skippy, use your vaunted adjectives to skillfully describe that.
    Luckily for him they invented Velcro or he couldn't keep his butt cheeks closed.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Luckily for him they invented Velcro or he couldn't keep his butt cheeks closed.
    Blech! Velcro wears out, I suggest welding.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'm sure this make sense to you, but it makes no sense to an intelligent person.

Fabulous Poster
    How old are you?