Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PETA Thanksgiving billboard asks kids: Would you eat your dog? 
    This is almost too easy. Eat a dog? I can't believe PETA went this route.

PETA Thanksgiving billboard asks kids: Would you eat your dog?

A billboard that will be placed outside Nevada public schools is sure to make for interesting Thanksgiving dinner conversation, that is, if kids let the turkey make it to the table.

PETA plans to place a billboard that reads, "KIDS: If you wouldn't eat your dog, why eat a turkey? Go vegan," with a picture of a dog head on a turkey body, near Reno public schools.

Children can visit the website and request a tombstone in the mail for free as long as they tell PETA why they don’t eat turkey. There is also the option to download the tombstone and tape to a toothpick.

"Thanksgiving is a time for reflection and kindness, and we should not celebrate this by eating the decomposing corpse of a tortured bird," Lauren Stroyeck, a PETA spokeswoman told The Winnipeg Sun. <snipped>
    Tell PETA I will be eating the flesh of several dead birds this November. If makes them happy I will eat them on bread the next day.

Good enough for Barry, good enough for me.

Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    If makes them happy I will eat them on bread the next day.
    On pita bread nonetheless!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

So...since the President HAS eaten dog...does that mean he's ok to eat Turkey?

Will PETA give him a pass then?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    I divide vegetarians into two groups: dietary vegetarians and political vegetarians.
    Dietary vegetarians are people who simply choose to eschew meat, including those who might occasionally make an exception for taste, convenience, or good manners. Political vegetarians tend to be evangelical.

A dietary vegetarian goes to a family thanksgiving dinner and fills his plate with sweet potatoes, cornbread, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and some of the creative vegetarian dish he brought. A political vegetarian goes to a family thanksgiving dinner, expresses disgust at the turkey on the buffet and harumpfs every time someone puts a bite of meat on the fork.

I don't eat beef and pork. I eat a little curry chicken every week as well as fish and shrimp. I avoid excessive fat and sodium, which means I don't eat a lot of prepared foods. This is the hand I have been dealt and considering what I know of people who have all sorts of conditions which limit them to basically bread and water I consider myself fortunate. I was getting to the point where the PETA ads were starting to hit home anyway. I couldn't justify eating a cow and then getting my panties in a knot over whales and dolphins being killed.

We're comparing a wild animal to a domesticated house pet. I wouldn't eat my dog, but roast some of those wild dogs up on the BBQ and I'll give it a taste.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    We're comparing a wild animal to a domesticated house pet. I wouldn't eat my dog, but roast some of those wild dogs up on the BBQ and I'll give it a taste.
    If I ever get to Canton, I plan on eating many things no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I divide vegetarians into two groups: dietary vegetarians and political vegetarians.
    Dietary vegetarians are people who simply choose to eschew meat, including those who might occasionally make an exception for taste, convenience, or good manners. Political vegetarians tend to be evangelical.

A dietary vegetarian goes to a family thanksgiving dinner and fills his plate with sweet potatoes, cornbread, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and some of the creative vegetarian dish he brought. A political vegetarian goes to a family thanksgiving dinner, expresses disgust at the turkey on the buffet and harumpfs every time someone puts a bite of meat on the fork.

I don't eat beef and pork. I eat a little curry chicken every week as well as fish and shrimp. I avoid excessive fat and sodium, which means I don't eat a lot of prepared foods. This is the hand I have been dealt and considering what I know of people who have all sorts of conditions which limit them to basically bread and water I consider myself fortunate. I was getting to the point where the PETA ads were starting to hit home anyway. I couldn't justify eating a cow and then getting my panties in a knot over whales and dolphins being killed.
    Old Indian saying.... Vegetarians are people who can't hunt!
    Vegetables are what food eats.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I actually agree with this statement.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If I ever get to Canton, I plan on eating many things no questions asked.
    I didn't know that Ohio was really known for its cutting-edge cuisine.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

No.

But if push came to shove, I would eat my fish.