Thread: My Favorite

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Thanks!

Is where I always check for old *real* classics ... "Turner Classic Movies"

I just love old movies! Far better plots, far less un-needed sex and foul language ... and I get a kick out of the old cars, clothing, and even the interior decorating and furnishings.

Also love to watch old Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall ... Spencer Tracy & Katherine Hepburn movies.

I love the brightness of the colors in older movies-Vista Vision, I guess. I think of movies like Summertime, To Catch A Thief (my favorite Hitchcock film), The African Queen, Breakfast At Tiffany's, and so on, and then compare to the darker lighting used in today's movies. It's just not the same. No wonder why people have so many mood disorders.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    And old black & whites starring Myrna Loy and Dick Powell. (Forget what the dog's name was!)
    The dog's name was Asta, and it was WILLIAM Powell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3NZjRv2nM
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    My own favorite exchange of theirs is at 2:10 in that video.

There's also a cute scene where Nick, a heavy drinker, downs a drink in a real dive and exclaims, "Ahhhhhh, Scotch!..... Probably."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken