Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I can actually see this happening.

Think of all the flags that would have to be purchased if this happens. Cities, states, federal, schools, etc. Hundreds of thousands of them. No one wants to do that so succession would be blocked.

But Puerto Rico may become a state. Same flag problem. Solution...Louisiana out, PR in, 50 stars and no money wasted on new flags. Done and done.
    NO! No to statehood for PR. They are just like HI and would vote themselves handouts along with every other dependent state infested with DUmmyRATS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

This is great news. Either 14 or 17 states have one in the works. I am going to sign the one for NC. A local paper had a survey about six months ago and 61% of the people who responded favored secession. Long overdue.

I'm sure in the unlikely event that this was considered by the fed, it would be part of any agreement that the states would pay their per capita portion of the national debt.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Louisiana is unlikely to be permitted to secede, and the states that ought to be encouraged to do so, like California, won't.
    Actually, Southern California has been wanting for a long time to secede from Northern California. Orange County and San Diego are quite conservative, and the overall concerns of Southern Cal (from Santa Barbara on down) are very different from the San Francisco/Sacramento axis.

A state of Southern California would have a much more even handed legislature: no Dem super majority would ever be possible.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm sure in the unlikely event that this was considered by the fed, it would be part of any agreement that the states would pay their per capita portion of the national debt.
    We're gonna pay it anyway. May as well pay it and be free of the marxist regime.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    We're gonna pay it anyway. May as well pay it and be free of the marxist regime.
    The US will never pay it, they will devalue the dollar to the point of nothingness and lose whatever support we have in the world.................that coupled with cutting our military to a fraction of the size it is.
    Feel secure?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    .....that coupled with cutting our military to a fraction of the size it is. Feel secure?
    Wolverines!!!

It's up to 20 states now. This is my favorite part about it:

"should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration." haha. Suck it Barry.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    This is great news. Either 14 or 17 states have one in the works. I am going to sign the one for NC. A local paper had a survey about six months ago and 61% of the people who responded favored secession. Long overdue.

Secession petitions filed in 20 states
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Wolverines!!!

It's up to 20 states now. This is my favorite part about it:

"should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration." haha. Suck it Barry.
    Here's the link, on CBS no less. Will wonders never cease. What an amazing list it is, even NY and NJ.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...de-from-union/

All told, petitions have been filed on behalf of 20 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Texas got the 25k. Let's see if Barry replies.

Here's the text of the Texas petition:

The U.S. continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the U.S. suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.
    Be Not Afraid.