Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
What hijinks?
You tell me if any of this seems funny.

St. Lucie voting system noted for errors

By Pat Beall

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

However you add it up, vote counts in the bruising battle between Republican U.S. Rep. Allen West and political newcomer Patrick Murphy are disturbing.

Bolstered by St. Lucie County returns, election night math gave Murphy a razor’s edge victory of less than 1 percentage point.

But the outcome raised questions, with 1,950 early votes uncounted and nearly double that number counted twice.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...-errors/nS9CQ/

The Florida Division of Elections is sending three employees to St. Lucie County on Wednesday to try to figure out how 799 votes disappeared in Sunday’s partial recount of the close, nationally watched congressional race between U.S. Rep. Allen West and Democrat Patrick Murphy.

“We are concerned whenever there is a question about the accuracy of results,” Florida Department of State spokesman Chris Cate said in an e-mail this afternoon. “We are sending three employees, including the bureau chief, from the Bureau of Voting Systems Certifications, to assess the tabulation process in St. Lucie County.”

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/1...aff-to-assess/
ST LUCIE ELECTIONS SUPERVISOR ADMITS ERRORS

ST. LUCIE COUNTY — Elections Supervisor Gertrude Walker Tuesday admitted mistakes were made election night when uploading results from the last three days of early voting, blaming human and machine errors.

"I'm not perfect, neither is my staff," Walker said during a Tuesday evening press conference.

Out of 94 precincts, the first 40 — most of them in Fort Pierce — weren't counted at all and the last 54 — mostly in Port St. Lucie and the county — were counted twice, which explains why city votes increased and county votes decreased after the Nov. 11 retabulation of the votes from Nov. 1-3.

There were 3,635 counted twice and 1,953 not scanned at all.

The Nov. 11 retabulation corrected the error, Walker said.

"I'm confident that every vote has been counted accurately," Walker said.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/nov/...admits-errors/
"The facts are beginning to emerge about Election Night in St. Lucie County: "They’re painting a very chaotic scene, we’ve heard that before, but we’re learning more details about the chaos. She said they had trouble with 5 disks that they couldn’t upload the information. It’s not that they weren’t uploadable, they were actually blank, so what they did on election night, they got the ballots out, they got the ballot reader out and started stuffing 26,000 ballots into the reader to try to make sure they got some results out in an expedient manner. "

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151134464811733
From Florida: THEY FOUND A BOX OF BALLOTS UNCOUNTED!!!!

ALLEN WEST BEST ON THE GROUND: On the phone with Gary Angelo Galiano - 304 Ballots they found in a box somewhere PLUS AT LEAST another 304 more now. The public is going on, back and forth, attorneys, etc, there is still a box of over a 1000 ballots still missing they are "trying to find" EVERYONE IS SCREAMING and YELLING AND ARGUING, it is flawed and out of control. The state representative has recommended a FULL RECOUNT but the canvassing authority has to approve that.
Stuart, FL – West for Congress campaign manager Tim Edson released the following statement regarding Patrick Murphy’s lawyers’ attempt to get the 19th Circuit Court Judge to disallow the retabulation of early votes agreed to by the St. Lucie County Canvassing Board:

“In a last-ditch effort to suppress the vote, Murphy’s lawyers submitted sloppy and incomplete papers to the Court this morning to try to strong-arm the judge into preventing today’s retabulation already underway. The Murphy team’s motion is procedurally and substantively lacking. With every action attempted, Murphy demonstrates a complete lack of respect and utter disregard for the voters of St. Lucie County.

Murphy’s efforts bring to mind the dark times in our nation’s history when politicians tried to manipulate the law to suppress the votes, and we are appalled by Murphy’s apparent contempt for the voting rights of citizens to have their ballots accurately and fairly tabulated.

Murphy knows there are votes that have not been counted, but he’s taking legal action to ensure the results are certified anyway. Perhaps the Justice Department should investigate Murphy’s attempt to steal himself a seat in Congress at the expense of the voters in St. Lucie County.”
with only 304 votes left to count, the operation has been ordered to "shut down". Apparently the mall where the re-count is taking place has ordered everyone out because the alarm will go off! (What...there is no one there who is SMART ENOUGH to re-set the time on the alarm?) In any case, they are asking everyone to come back tomorrow to count the remaining votes!

UPDATE ALLEN WEST - I asked, how is the alarm being automaticity set, when you guys were here until 2 am on election night? Their response to me.. "We are closing." Sheriff then asked me leave...

Gary Angelo Galiano - I think I figured it out State law says by 12 it has to be certified Murphy tried in court today to get the previous account certified he failed. State law says if you do not make the deadline you must certify the previous count!!!!!!

THEY ARE TRYING TO STALL THIS PROCESS TO GIVE THE RACE BACK TO MURPHY!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KX4cubIzSI

Best of all