Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    And no, I didn't whine when we had the Bush and Gore thing in Florida.
    Seriously, you did not vote fore Gore? I thought you were.... I thought you were................never mind.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

There were black precincts in St Pete where Romney only got 2 votes. But we don't have inner city pitch black no white people at all precincts in St Pete. Philadelphia might.

It's curious, for sure, but absent any actual evidence that there was cheating, it just sounds like whining. And no, I didn't whine when we had the Bush and Gore thing in Florida.
    Simple math. Simple statistics.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Update for those not keeping up.

West went to the judge, he said it wasn't up to him, turned it back to the canvasing board with full discretion. It could have ended West there, but the board being under pressure from every one and the media pouring in, accepted not just a 3 day recount, or partial, but a full recount of all 8 days of early voting.

It is now down to the wire, by noon the recount must be finished, or by law the original tabulation must stand. Meaning all of West's efforts were for nothing and he lost.

But just got this.

#AllenWestRecount - ONE HOUR 15 MINUTES - THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE - THEN TAKEN TO TALLAHASSEE and CERTIFIED TUESDAY. This can change FYI but this is what they are being told at this moment!!!
    That means the recount is done, or near done. And they will make the deadline.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    #AllenWestRecount ON THE PHONE with Gary Angelo Galiano we just had the final meeting, the man in charge was very upbeat, he said ALL VOTES have now been counted. All the memory cards from yesterday have all been uploaded except for the 6 today. That is all we have left to do, be patient, we will have no problem with the noon deadline for noon certification. All numbers have jived, everything is matching up and now we wait for a small period. THEY WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT when they all meet again, it should be soon. They expect 1/2 hour. The supervisor IS VERY upbeat! "Happy Days" was used.
    FYI, a Republican Commissioner took over last night. So that should end the hijinks.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/video-ep...abulation8637/
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Part of the fuel for this fire is a crock of crap being spread in right wing circles, ie that St Lucie County had some astronomical turnout in excess of registered voters. It's not true, of course. But carry on.

http://www.examiner.com/article/st-l...-voter-turnout

Note: After this article was originally published, the St. Lucia County Board of Election published a clarification on their website. They state that the figure of 247,383 is the sum of total ballot cards submitted. The total ballot was spread across two cards. The final total of cards, as well as many of the ward totals, are odd numbers. This means some voters did complete the second half of the ballot. Yes, and I don't find this surprising at all. I watched it here in Pinellas. some people appeared to take much less time to vote than others, walked in and voted for President perhaps and skipped the second card with the legislatively promoted referendum items.

Based on this clarification, actual voter turnout would be a figure greater than 70.46%. The board also published a much longer version of their report online . It still initially lists voter turnout as 140.92%. However, it follows with figures that yield a 70.49% turnout. This means their new voter turnout figure is 13 points higher, or 22.6% higher, than the national average. This also is not surprising, and is very poor journalism, ie editorial masquerading as news. The figure to compare it to would be Florida counties of similar demographics. Florida has very high turn out. In Pinellas, our turn out was something like 73% and yet no one is alleging that there was fraud here.

This still supports speculation that their could be more votes counted than the total number of votes cast.

It wouldn't take much to "support speculation" of that sort in that crowd. What supported speculation was GOP party hacks promoting a lie to the willingly led.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    FYI, a Republican Commissioner took over last night. So that should end the hijinks.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/video-ep...abulation8637/
    What hijinks?

Part of the fuel for this fire is a crock of crap being spread in right wing circles, ie that St Lucie County had some astronomical turnout in excess of registered voters. It's not true, of course. But carry on.

http://www.examiner.com/article/st-l...-voter-turnout

Note: After this article was originally published, the St. Lucia County Board of Election published a clarification on their website. They state that the figure of 247,383 is the sum of total ballot cards submitted. The total ballot was spread across two cards. The final total of cards, as well as many of the ward totals, are odd numbers. This means some voters did complete the second half of the ballot. Yes, and I don't find this surprising at all. I watched it here in Pinellas. some people appeared to take much less time to vote than others, walked in and voted for President perhaps and skipped the second card with the legislatively promoted referendum items.

Based on this clarification, actual voter turnout would be a figure greater than 70.46%. The board also published a much longer version of their report online . It still initially lists voter turnout as 140.92%. However, it follows with figures that yield a 70.49% turnout. This means their new voter turnout figure is 13 points higher, or 22.6% higher, than the national average. This also is not surprising, and is very poor journalism, ie editorial masquerading as news. The figure to compare it to would be Florida counties of similar demographics. Florida has very high turn out. In Pinellas, our turn out was something like 73% and yet no one is alleging that there was fraud here.

This still supports speculation that their could be more votes counted than the total number of votes cast.

It wouldn't take much to "support speculation" of that sort in that crowd. What supported speculation was GOP party hacks promoting a lie to the willingly led.

So then recount the votes, what do you have to worry about?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    So then recount the votes, what do you have to worry about?
    I sincerely doubt that the fans of Alan West or Paul Penzone will ever be satisfied and accept that their candidate lost the election.

Fabulous Poster
    PRESS: Patrick Murphy Certified As Winner Of Congressional Race

Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – The Murphy for Congress campaign released the following statement in regards to Patrick being certified as the winner of the race for Florida’s 18th Congressional district:

“As expected, the Election Night results have been confirmed,” said Murphy. “It is now time to put the campaign behind us. I am honored that the voters of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches have chosen me to be their voice in Congress. Regardless of whether they voted for me or my opponent, I am committed to representing the interests of all residents of Florida’s 18th Congressional district in Washington.”

Fabulous Poster