Thread: Emergency Food

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Holy crap! I was expecting a date ending in 2014.
    They are serious long term food storage experts. it is part of their doctrine.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They are serious long term food storage experts. it is part of their doctrine.
    Is the world ending next month for them too? I'm not being funny...do they believe the same thing the Inca's (or whatever indian, mexican tribe) believe) when world is going to end?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Is the world ending next month for them too? I'm not being funny...do they believe the same thing the Inca's (or whatever indian, mexican tribe) believe) when world is going to end?
    No, they don't believe any of the apocalyptic Inca stuff. i think it relates more to the stores of grain Joseph had in Egypt. The Mormons also had a hard time of it on the trail when they moved out wast via wagon train. it is one part of their doctrine that is very sensible and if people would learn this kind of habit at a young age I think they would be much more likely to rely on themselves rather than have the attitude that someone else can support them. It is a mind set as well as a practice, responsibility.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    39,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I bet it ends up half full of fillets.
    More likely turkeys. They're having those big Thanksgiving sales on turkeys here. Both Pulix and Sweetbay have the frozen ones for 59 cents a pound. I plan to get at least 4 of them and dump them in the freezer. The freezer with the refrigerator doesn't have enough room for even 1 turkey. We have a side by side, not those new fancy 4 compartment ones,
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45 Re: Emergency Food 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,094
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    More likely turkeys. They're having those big Thanksgiving sales on turkeys here. Both Pulix and Sweetbay have the frozen ones for 59 cents a pound. I plan to get at least 4 of them and dump them in the freezer. The freezer with the refrigerator doesn't have enough room for even 1 turkey. We have a side by side, not those new fancy 4 compartment ones,
    I usually try to buy a few when they go on sale, I grind a couple for turkey burgers too.

    Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •