1. #1 Al Gore to argue link between dirty energy and dirty weather 
    Mike De Souza, Postmedia News
    Published: Saturday, November 10, 2012

OTTAWA Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore will try to make the case next week that "dirty energy" is contributing to what he calls "dirty weather" events around the world.

"Hurricane Sandy is a disturbing sign of things to come," Gore wrote in a recent opinion piece in the Huffington Post. "We must heed this warning and act quickly to solve the climate crisis. Dirty energy makes dirty weather."

Gore will deliver his message on Nov. 15 through a new presentation in New York as part of his Climate Reality Project, to be broadcast on the Internet. The initiative was launched last year as a 24-hour event with slide-show presentations from around the world, highlighting the latest news about human influence on global warming.

Maggie Fox, the CEO of the project, said that although scientists cannot link global warming to specific storms, there is evidence warmer temperatures and oceans make storm systems stronger, leading to devastating impacts such as those caused by Sandy in the United States and Canada.

http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailyn...tml?id=7530483

So how many here have made plans to tune into this?
    You do know that this will be taken as gospel to the Obama gone wild administration.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'm still not sure what was so bad about Sandy. She was a cat 1 hurricane, had it hit anywhere else people would have shrugged and gone on with their lives.

We had 1 major hurricane this season, less then half the annual average.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm still not sure what was so bad about Sandy. She was a cat 1 hurricane, had it hit anywhere else people would have shrugged and gone on with their lives.

Nature is their god and they will actually imply at times that it strikes back where the worst transgressors live and work, as a sort of punishment.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    AlBore boviated:

"Hurricane Sandy is a disturbing sign of things to come," Gore wrote in a recent opinion piece in the Huffington Post. "We must heed this warning and act quickly to solve the climate crisis. Dirty energy makes dirty weather."
    Yes Al, just like the time you said the US was going to constantly get hit by storms like Charley many times each year. Moron.

And when that didn't happen, did the Lib press ask you why??? Well of course not, it's AlGore.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Watch him be the head of the dept of energy or head the EPA.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Sandy itself was a pretty nothing storm, it's where it hit and the public being unprepared. I remember way back when I was a little kid the adults saying the Jersey Shore was going to get really whacked one day. It took decades but it finally happened.

The public isn't used to storms like that hitting up north. My sister and her friends had no idea a storm was coming and they mostly ignored it. Till the power went out...

Storms and damage like that are only supposed to happen down here in the south. People and local governments got forgetful and there was always some other "program" to spend money on instead of keeping the power lines clear. People love tree lined streets but if there are power lines in them...

St. Thomas in the USVI had that happen to them enough times and they finally put all their power lines (or most) underground.

Over building is also a cause.

Look at the NYC subways and tunnels. That flooding could all have been prevented but it takes vision and $$$. You know damn well that spending big bucks up in the NorthEast for something that MIGHT happen every 100 years would have been met with a big, fat, NO. People would have laughed the politician that suggested it out of office.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Nature is their god and they will actually imply at times that it strikes back where the worst transgressors live and work, as a sort of punishment.
    If you follow their logic, the worst transgressors lived in the blue states. Whatever. No one ever accused them of accuracy or consistency.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Fabulous Poster

Confirmation bias.

Chris Hayes is thoroughly irritated at anyone who doesn't buy GW hook, line, and sinker. He proudly proclaimed weeks ago, "I have seen the preparations that New York City is making to pump the water out of the subway tunnels do to sea level rise." So a storm comes along, and salt water gets into the subway, and Chris Hayes is convinced that everything he believes and promotes is correct. Confirmation bias.

The sea level rise is minor, statistically insignificant, and completely consistent with a long term history of variation. But to those who BELIEVE!, it's proof. Kind of like folks who claim that every disaster natural or manmade, which happens close to another disaster is a sign of the end times and proof of the prophecy. That is why I call it , Global Warming Theology.

Dirty Algore underwear, dirty Algore weather ... what ever. Thats Algore.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.