1. #1 Another nice day to close the week... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SLW and I got back a while ago from a nice day with some friends from Mote Marine. The four of us took
    a ride up to Tampa and had lunch at Maggianos.

Can't beat the specials where you get one meal served and another to take home!!!

We then popped over to the Crate & Barrel where da girls did some shopping and David and I
    wandered around aimlessly hoping the bill wouldn't be too bad.

Now I'm kicking back with a Dirty Martini...
    May the FORCE be with you!

we ground a 50 pound sack of Montana white wheat into flour and packaged it in 4 pound containers and then baked a loaf of whole wheat bread and made a batch of smoked ham and bean soup.
    it is nice to have a rainy day now and then.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    we ground a 50 pound sack of Montana white wheat into flour and packaged it in 4 pound containers and then baked a loaf of whole wheat bread and made a batch of smoked ham and bean soup.
    it is nice to have a rainy day now and then.
    You must do a whole lot of baking to use 50 pounds of flour. I'll bet that bread tasted a whole lot better than
    store bread.

SR got off light. I took something that we weren't using back to Crate & Barrell (had bought a year ago but still had the receipt). They gave me a store credit, so had fun spending that $32. I only went over $2.99.

If there's a Maggiano's restaurant near anyone, they have a great deal. They have classic pastas for $12.99, but you get an equal size already packaged to take home. So no cooking tomorrow. And it got even better as I had my birthday gift from them, a $10 gift card, so that bill was mighty low.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You must do a whole lot of baking to use 50 pounds of flour. I'll bet that bread tasted a whole lot better than
    store bread.

SR got off light. I took something that we weren't using back to Crate & Barrell (had bought a year ago but still had the receipt). They gave me a store credit, so had fun spending that $32. I only went over $2.99.

If there's a Maggiano's restaurant near anyone, they have a great deal. They have classic pastas for $12.99, but you get an equal size already packaged to take home. So no cooking tomorrow. And it got even better as I had my birthday gift from them, a $10 gift card, so that bill was mighty low.
    We use 50 pounds of wheat and 100 pounds of enriched bleached white flour a year. tonight we made a loaf of 100% whole wheat with a little bit of amaranth seed mixed in to make it nice and coarse. For sandwich bread we use 1/3rd whole wheat to 2/3rd white enriched flour we add vital gluten to make it nice and elastic.

The whole wheat we buy is a hard white mountain grown wheat, mountain grown wheat has a higher protein level than wheat grown at lower altitudes, the most common you find is from Montana.

If you want a really gritty gamey bread use the Kansas hard red from the Mennonites and Amish.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Glad you guys had a great weekend. I pretty much worked the whole thing. It's alright though, since tomorrow I start a 12 day stretch of no "work" work. The wife is being induced tomorrow though, so a whole nother type of work is ahead of me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Glad you guys had a great weekend. I pretty much worked the whole thing. It's alright though, since tomorrow I start a 12 day stretch of no "work" work. The wife is being induced tomorrow though, so a whole nother type of work is ahead of me.

Good luck you two crazy kids!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    SLW and I got back a while ago from a nice day with some friends from Mote Marine. The four of us took
    a ride up to Tampa and had lunch at Maggianos.

Can't beat the specials where you get one meal served and another to take home!!!

We then popped over to the Crate & Barrel where da girls did some shopping and David and I
    wandered around aimlessly hoping the bill wouldn't be too bad.

Now I'm kicking back with a Dirty Martini...
    Sounds like agreat day! There is always someplace good to eat around here. Last week after a dr visit in Tampa I came back on 574 and remembered a Triple D show about Danny's all American Diner at 574 and Faulkengurg rd, I hadda stop in! If Guy Fieri said its good it has to be! I got two of these to go.

http://http://dannysallamericandiner.com/

CUBAN SANDWICH DANNY STYLE $6.99

A Triple D Favorite
    Our slow roasted pulled pork, Genoa salami, Virginia baked ham, capicolla, Swiss cheese, dill pickles, mustard and mayo on Cuban bread pressed (lettuce & tomato on request)

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.