1. #1 So I was talking about the inevitable GOP/House-driven impeachment of Obama... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Dimwit uses "Bank It" again...

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
    WilliamPitt

So I was talking about the inevitable GOP/House-driven impeachment of Obama the other day...

My friend: "Really, you think they will?"

Me: "If they can, they'll try. Bank it."

...wondering now if I inadvertently predicted this Pretraeus/Benghazi thing.

Nobody knows nothing yet...except this: the GOP House is the last bastion of full-blown no-shit anti-sanity in the federal government, and they're going to be chomping at the bit to impeach. Not for any High Crimes and/or Misdemeanors, but because the Newt Class of '94 demonstrated that it is the best way to deny a re-elected Democratic president an unencumbered second term. It tore the country apart, but they didn't give a damn. They submarined the majority of Clinton's second term; by their lights, that's a good days work.

So.

Get ready.

If an "impeachable offense" can be ginned up from this nonsense, bet the farm and the tractor and the barn and the cows they'll make a run at it.
    I see Pitt finally slept it off.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Typical Dem Will. Say something and if it happens you were correct.

If it doesn't happen in cough*24businesshours*cough no one ever calls you on it and you lose no credibility. I call it the "I will cut the deficit in half my first year in office but instead I will more than double it and no one will care because no one wants to call me on my bullshit because then my State Run News Media will label them all racists and then I'll implement a healthcare program that is the greatest healthcare program in the entire whole wide world and I'm series it's the greatest thing ever you guys you are going to love it really and oh, no, I'm not part of it, are you crazy and then I'll give the impression that I am going to turn the nuclear football over to Medved when no one is looking and no one will care because of that racist thing and I will claim Al Qaeda is dead even though they are more emboldened than ever because everyone in the world loves me now that I am president and even though GW was unpatriotic for his debt I get a pass on mine because we all gots 0bamaphones Yo".

4 more years. Yay.
    Be Not Afraid.

I don't think they'll impeach Obumbler. They'd be running the risk of ending up with Biden as president.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    I don't think they'll impeach Obumbler. They'd be running the risk of ending up with Biden as president.

Unless Obama were to do something that pissed off the majority of Senate democrats, he's not getting impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Unless Obama were to do something that pissed off the majority of Senate democrats, he's not getting impeached.
    He won't be convicted. Impeachment is something differant. The House could impeach him on a weekly basis if they wanted to.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.