Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OBAMA WON'T FIGHT FOR GAY MARRIAGE HIS SECOND TERM 
    Barack Obama isn’t exactly famous for his loyalty; he has a history of jettisoning people once they’ve outlived their usefulness to him. This time, it’s the gay community.

On Friday, Obama told an MTV audience that he would not fight for gay marriage his second term, intoning that “it would be up to future generations of Americans to implement meaningful reform.”

Here’s the kicker; realizing that some states are now endorsing gay marriage, Obama suddenly became a champion of states’ rights, asserting, “For us to try to legislate federally into this area is probably the wrong way to go.”

When the states endorse Obama’s positions, he’s a states’ rights guy. When they don’t, he runs roughshod over them with the federal government.
    Obama continued on Friday:

First of all, I've been very clear about my belief that same-sex couples have to be treated before the eyes of the law the same way as heterosexual couples. I think that's the right thing to do. It's based on my personal experience, seeing loving couples who are committed to each other, raising kids and are just outstanding people. And I was supportive of civil unions, but they taught me, if you're using different words, if you're somehow singling them out, they don't feel true equality.
    Obama says he’s been very clear? About as clear as mud. In May he raked in huge amounts of funding from the gay community and their supporters in May when he endorsed gay marriage. But before that time he had been a veritable ping-pong ball on the issue, vacillating wildly to reach whichever position was politically advantageous at the time. In 1996, as a state senator in Illinois he supported gay marriage. Yet in 2004, when he ran for the United States Senate, he was against it, saying:

“What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … What I believe, in my faith, is that a man and a woman, when they get married, are performing something before God, and it’s not simply the two persons who are meeting.”
    Then when he ran for president in 2008, he took the middle road, supporting civil unions:

"My feelings about this are constantly evolving. I struggle with this. At this point, what I’ve said is, is that my baseline is a strong civil union that provides them the protections and the legal rights that married couples have.”
    That statement came two months after he told liberal bloggers that he was "unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage."

The gay community won’t leave Obama over his sudden abandonment of championing their agenda at the federal level. But the absolute fickleness of this man and the insidious way he changes his positions in order to suit his ruthless pursuit of power should be frightening to any prospective supporters.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...is-Second-Term
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Gee, what a surprise. [/sarcasm]
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    Nine states and two tribal homelands have legal same sex marriage. Obama doesn't really need to do anything (which is not to say that he shouldn't) because this will be resolved by the courts. The states cannot automatically recognize the marriages of heterosexuals which are legally performed in their home states and not recognized the legal marriages of gay people. It's as simple as that.

I wonder if Nova is enjoying the view from under that bus...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I love our discussions. It's like arguing in a school yard. Both Clinton (DOMA) and Obama knew/know that the courts will handle this so it makes no sense to waste time on it. And you say they throw us under the bus. If they were to move it higher up the list, then you would accuse them of being more concerned about "special rights" than they are about US soldiers dying in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He's a useful idiot that is no longer useful to the regime.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

9 States with Legal Gay Marriage and 38 States with Same-Sex Marriage Bans .....
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I love our discussions. It's like arguing in a school yard. Both Clinton (DOMA) and Obama knew/know that the courts will handle this so it makes no sense to waste time on it. And you say they throw us under the bus. If they were to move it higher up the list, then you would accuse them of being more concerned about "special rights" than they are about US soldiers dying in Asia.
    Yes, and when the courts overturned DADT, who was it who stepped in, told the courts to hold off, and held kangaroo Congressional hearings so the military could be cajoled into pretending they were for the ending of the policy?

Please, girl, Obama has always been behind the curve on this. He doesn't seem to be comfortable with the issue until there is an election and he needs all that gay male expendable income. And this from a president who wears "mom jeans."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Which wouldn't be a stretch, considering his lack of concern about US ambassadors dying in North Africa.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

What he needs to fight for is human life. But whatever.