Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    In California and certain other states, the Catholic hierarchy (not the rank and file like me) actually worked against increasing the statute of limitations.
    The Catholic Church is a big target and deep pocket, as well as being quite unpopular in some circles which might include a great many lawmakers. It would not necessarily be damning if the Catholic Church worked to keep statutes of limitations in place. Surely Dow Chemical and Exxon have also worked to keep statutes of limitations in effect to prevent aggressive and zealous environmentalists from attacking them on every imaginable legal front.

And BTW, it annoys me to have to come to the defense of the Vatican and its minions, but I will also point out that a tiny fraction of priests have even been accused of sexual impropriety (of any sort) and amongst those who have, many of the allegations have failed to be proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Too bad it wasn't Big Bird.
    Wheat Chex, Rice Chex, Corn Chex? I like Chex mix.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, so in other words, to your logic, Jerry Sandusky should have been allowed to walk. Gotcha.
    Was Sandusky charged with the lowest felony classification?
    Was Sandusky at most guilty of statutory rape of a person who could have consented to sex in the state of Pennsylvania (age of consent in PA is 16)?

The answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Was Sandusky charged with the lowest felony classification?
    Was Sandusky at most guilty of statutory rape of a person who could have consented to sex in the state of Pennsylvania (age of consent in PA is 16)?

The answer is no.
    Again using your words, I thought there was no difference between children and adults? Can't have it both ways, son.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Again using your words, I thought there was no difference between children and adults? Can't have it both ways, son.
    I did not say that there was no difference between children and adults, I said that mammals biologically are either infant or adult, divided at the point at which they are capable of reproduction; and I didn't say that age of consent should coincide with that change albeit I may have pointed out that historically this has been the case in some paces including our own culture. Why would you think that was relevant to this discussion? We are talking about laws. You seem to have no interest in that conversation.

I never liked Elmo. I like the original muppets from Sesame Street, but I never liked Elmo.

That said, I am not sure this is not an attempted shakedown by someone wanting money or attention. Or both.