Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Sorry for the mistake you eagle eyed little thing. The recipe came from crab cheese but works just as well with lobster.

Go back to eating your Philly ChesseScrapple sandwich and leave the discussion of seafod to those that actually have eaten it before.
    Sorry...I'm as big a velveeta fan as the next person. But it has no business being anywhere near crab. I live near the Eastern Shore. Crab country. Keep the velveeta away from it.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Sorry...I'm as big a velveeta fan as the next person. But it has no business being anywhere near crab. I live near the Eastern Shore. Crab country. Keep the velveeta away from it.
    I had great crab cheese soup at The Oaks on Friday night. It was out of this world. I ask the waiter what kind of cheese did they use and he checked with the cook and came back and said Velveeta.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I had great crab cheese soup at The Oaks on Friday night. It was out of this world. I ask the waiter what kind of cheese did they use and he checked with the cook and came back and said Velveeta.
    They lied. Or you don't know great crab soup. It's a toss up.

Power CUer
    I make my crab cakes with no cracker filler at all. For each pound of crab, puree 1/4 pound of scallops in the food processor and mix it into the crab and egg mixture. I also add a lot of Old Bay and chopped scallions. The pureed scallops act like glue to hold the crab miixture together. For people with celiac disorder (meaning, they can't eat wheat in any form), this is a great solution.

Too many to list, but I go to www.recipesource.com for anything I don't know how to make. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I make my crab cakes with no cracker filler at all. For each pound of crab, puree 1/4 pound of scallops in the food processor and mix it into the crab and egg mixture. I also add a lot of Old Bay and chopped scallions. The pureed scallops act like glue to hold the crab miixture together. For people with celiac disorder (meaning, they can't eat wheat in any form), this is a great solution.
    Thanks for the good idea using the scallops. Your recipe sounds delicious.

Power CUer
    Just be careful about cooking; keep an eye on them. The scallop mixture is rubbery if it overcooks.

Yay! Now we have the recipe forum, so no more stickie threads in the lounge. :D