Thread: Picky Eaters Unite!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    An elderly lady went into the local eating establishment to get a bit to eat. When informed the special of the day was Beef Tongue she exclaimed "I'm not about to eat something that was in a cows nasty mouth,bring me a couple eggs".
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Mine too.........
    Ramen, French dips...we could soo be roommates.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You are disgusting.
    :D

Tell you what...it beats being crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    An elderly lady went into the local eating establishment to get a bit to eat. When informed the special of the day was Beef Tongue she exclaimed "I'm not about to eat something that was in a cows nasty mouth,bring me a couple eggs".
    Archie Bunker told that line as well, back in the day. Always makes me laugh!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    eggs gotta be runny so it's easier to mix em into the grits or at least have something to dip your bacon in, or pancakes .

Not really picky when it comes to food but if it aint meat n tatters it aint supper.

Damn straight Z. I can cook 'em myself but the Big Breakfast at Huddle House:

HAS IT ALL!!!!!
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Damn straight Z. I can cook 'em myself but the Big Breakfast at Huddle House:

HAS IT ALL!!!!!
    Oh my god. You could not pay me to eat those eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    :D

Tell you what...it beats being crazy.
    I'm not crazy. I just like to control my food. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

Oh my god. You could not pay me to eat those eggs.
    Scrambled...?

Whatcha do Philly is chop em all up and schmooz that yolk around, put the toast on top and mash it in in and then cut the toast with a fork and get it all goey with egg yolk....man...I'm hungry, and they're open 24 hours. mmmmmmm.....

Wonder when they clean the grill?

I'm not crazy. I just like to control my food. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.
    But you eat grits...right....I mean you're not weird or anything...? :eek::p

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I have mixed feelings on this.

As a kid, I was incredibly picky. I can remember vividly throwing up the macaroni and cheese that my mother put on my plate despite my protestations that the mere smell of it was making me nauseous. I can still picture that giant green/blue bowl with the dutch people decorating it and that awful smell.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me were "peanut butter and jelly, without the jelly, no roof"...which amounted to a slice of bread with peanut butter on it.

I have outgrown a lot of my pickiness in terms of refusal to eat things...in fact I'm fairly adventurous, just don't let things touch on the plate, no gravy oozing out over the corn...and I have to eat all of one thing at a time before I move on to the next thing. Meat first, vegetable second, starch last. I hate when someone insists that I try something in between before I've finished eating choice number 1.

And don't expect me to drink the last of the milk in the carton. I don't care if it was just bought today...if it's sitting at the bottom of the container, that's just gross. And don't pour me a glass of milk, put it at my place, and then call me to dinner. I don't care if you show me the time stamped video that it was just poured right before I got there...I won't believe you and again...milk that has been sitting out is just gross. And don't drink from my glass of milk. My glass of soda or water, or beer...help yourself. But not the milk. That's gross.

And a fried egg must be flipped over, served medium. It has to have enough liquidity to run, but cooked enough to stop running. And it is to be eaten from the outside in. First all the white must be eaten...going round and round so that it is always a circle. Once that is all eaten, then the fried yolk should be placed on the toast and eaten. It should not run off onto my plate...if some does, that must be quickly mopped up before it infects the scrapple or the homefries.

Okay, I think that's it.

Yeah, I've definitely conquered my food issues. :D
    Man do you have problems, food is food .
    If the fries touch the beans on your plate so what .Gravy on the meat and spuds is the natural order of things.

How do you feel about biscuits and gravy over chicken fried steak ?What about thanksgiving dinner with spuds and stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce all on your plate touching each other and covered in gravy ?