Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Olives made me suspicious. GRITS cinched it for me.
    Yeah, but you're a spandex wearing, soccer loving fag. So, while we might agree on this issue...I'm second guessing myself now.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yeah, but you're a spandex wearing, soccer loving fag. So, while we might agree on this issue...I'm second guessing myself now.
    So it me and Shannon, Jest Like That...

I feel all close to you and warm.....this is...exciting....;)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Olives made me suspicious. GRITS cinched it for me.
    I'm working to bring down America one Western meal at a time. Hope you like borscht, suckers.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I'm working to bring down America one Western meal at a time. Hope you like borscht, suckers.
    Ick! Beets have only two uses: sugar production and cattle feed.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    It's always a circus when I eat dinner with the family. They say I'm 'picky', but I honestly have no idea what picky means anymore, or even how they're define it. My plate at Thanksgiving gets more comments than 'Amens' after the blessing. I'd really like to know what 'picky' means. I love all kinds of food too, just not what they like, because they're weird. I divide my food into three categories:

Never ever:
    Olives
    Bleu and Feta Cheese
    Weird pickles (bread and butter, gmafb)
    Grits
    Liver
    Eggplant
    Capers

If done right:
    Squash/Zucchini (stir-fried or in a casserole)
    Spinach (raw)
    Asparagus (hollandaise)
    Mushrooms (raw or on pizza)
    Tomatoes (anything but raw or stewed)
    Seafood (nothing with a shell or exoskeleton)

Fine:
    Pretty much everything else.

Is that picky?
    You don't like liver,for shame.Thin sliced calves Liver with onions with bacon is one of my favorites.

Properly cooked Calves liver is a joy to eat and is often cooked until overdone .

It should be just slightly red and juicy .Pigs liver is alright if very fresh and lightly sauteed with butter,herbs and olive oil .

Have you ever had an English steak and kidney pie .The English do an excellent job preparing this dish as well as other meat pies.Try some English pub foods if you ever travel to England before the Muslims make even that country totally pork free !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Oh my god. You could not pay me to eat those eggs.
    Me neither; looks like Army food (still cackling).

My mom used to peel the skin off tomatoes; so that's the way I like em and don't eat the skin on potato's and fried chicken. I am llike Phillygirl; I eat my meat first, then a starch and veggies last. I don't drink anything until after my meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Ick! Beets have only two uses: sugar production and cattle feed.
    Man Slice them beets up and boil em in water for awhile. Then smoother em in Butter and Salt n pepper. Pickled beets are great too.

What next,you goin to diss Liver & Onions.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-25-2008 at 01:26 AM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    I do not understand picky eating, and being weirded out by "food touching on the plate". That is something that should be outgrown by nursery school.

I don't eat organ meats, but that is a distaste shared by so many it's mainstream. I don't eat olives or use them in cooking, but they're all right if they've been soaking in enough gin in a glass.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

noonwitch
    I'm picky about vegetables. I like a few, and hate most. I eat a lot of the ones I do like-spinach, onions, sprouts, chinese vegetables. Spinach pie is my specialty, and what my family requests me to bring to parties.
    I don't like liver, but I like pate and braunschweiger. I hate tomatoes, tomato juice and soup, but love ketchup and I love making my own tomato sauce from scratch.
    I hate licorice, either color. I don't like dark chocolate (except for baking), it's too bitter. I like chocolate chip ice cream, but I don't like chocolate ice cream, because I like vanilla-flavored and scented things. I love cheesecake, but I don't want any fruit topping on it.

My mom's big thing to make is apple struedel. I hate it, even if I pile vanilla ice cream on it. I despise pumpkin in any form, including pie, but I like the seeds.

One of my best friends is picky about watching people eat certain things. She can't stand to watch me eat eggs with runny yolk-I told her that I can't dip my toast in them if they are not a little runny. She also can't stand to watch people drink milk. My neices freak when they see me put hot sauce on scrambled eggs.
    Last edited by noonwitch; 09-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Power CUer
    "Licorice is the liver of candy" - P.J. O'Rourke.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken