Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I only hope that the leaders in the party share your wisdom. I have doubts though. They're probably of the opinion that simply running Rubio as a candidate will take care of the issue.
    A few on this board appear to be of the same opinion.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    A few on this board appear to be of the same opinion.
    Many of us wish people would just run on what is right, run on the constitution, run for the rights of individuals rather than what I can do for this group, this color, this sex. It isn't going to happen, the tipping point has been reached and the ballot box won't save us. We either win back education at every level and return to the churches or they own this country. It would take something like a world war to make that happen.
    The political game as it is has been won and not by us, you can't out liberal the liberals and if you could there would be no point in it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

IMO, when Romney mentioned "self deportation" he essentially screwed himself. By taking that one statement away, he could have swung a substantial number of Hispanic voted his way. However, if you want to know what voting block I can't figure out is Catholics. Even though Obama wanted to mandate Catholic organizations and hospitals to provide contraception and abortions which both go against the Catholic tenants, they still gave a majority of their voted to Obama. To me, this is like the Jews who formed the Group 13.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Many of us wish people would just run on what is right, run on the constitution, run for the rights of individuals rather than what I can do for this group, this color, this sex. It isn't going to happen, the tipping point has been reached and the ballot box won't save us. We either win back education at every level and return to the churches or they own this country. It would take something like a world war to make that happen.
    The political game as it is has been won and not by us, you can't out liberal the liberals and if you could there would be no point in it.
    What you speak of is a social revolution. That will/is going to take time as nothing is gained until virtue is restored.

Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for Liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free Constitution is pure Virtue, and if this cannot be inspired into our People in a greater Measure than they have it now, They may change their Rulers and the forms of Government, but they will not obtain a lasting Liberty. They will only exchange Tyrants and Tyrannies.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    IMO, when Romney mentioned "self deportation" he essentially screwed himself.
    On the other hand, you are of Hispanic heritage moved here legally and gained your citizenship which is no easy task, why would a president deterring people from entering illegally, stop them taking the position beside you for free, and offering you competition in a hard economy make you want to vote for the other guy. I would think they would vote for the person that prevents someone from stealing what you have.
    It doesn't add up.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

What you speak of is a social revolution. That will/is going to take time as nothing is gained until virtue is restored.
    That is the only hope I see, but it is not the instant gratification that comes from one election,it is something that has to be desired by God as well as us. When you look at the events that led to Obama's win you cannot but conclude that God put him where he is at, the storm was like the last plague in Egypt, when I look back I'm convinced there could be no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    On the other hand, you are of Hispanic heritage moved here legally and gained your citizenship which is no easy task, why would a president deterring people from entering illegally, stop them taking the position beside you for free, and offering you competition in a hard economy make you want to vote for the other guy. I would think they would vote for the person that prevents someone from stealing what you have.
    It doesn't add up.
    Because many of them have parents or grandparents who aren't here legally. If someone said they wanted to make your mom's or grandmother's life so miserable that she'll voluntarily leave the country, I doubt you'd vote for that person either no matter what their other stances are. Republicans don't need to offer amnesty. Many of them are fine with staying illegal. Just don't say things that makes someone choose between their family and other issues if you want their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Why does everyone assume the "Latino vote" is equivalent with the "illegal alien" vote and that the solution is amnesty? Latinos in SoCal who came LEGALLY are usually not supportive of illegal aliens, for whom they also pay.
    It's viewed that way because that's how the left and the media have framed it and that's how this President views all Hispanics.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    The Illegal immigrant issue aside the Republicans should not pander to any nationality or skin color or sex but rather appeal to people of reason and principlal .
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. An ethnic, economic, or regional identity subgroup of the population can vote on reason and principle and still have colloquial concerns related to that group identity.

It might sound inclusive, diverse, and morally aloof to deny that there are subgroup identities which have unique or selfish concerns but it wouldn't seem to be an objective position.

The illegal immigration and mass immigration issue is not as simple as I would like it to be. You can't really hold up your party sign and say, "Every real Republican opposes illegal immigration." because they simply don't. You only have to look as far as the Florida Tomato Growers to see allegedly staunch conservatives and law and order Republicans who go screaming to the governor at the suggestion that Florida is going to make it impossible for illegals to pick tomatoes.

And it really isn't simple. If we're going to deport the illegal aliens and stop the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_March Green March on America then we also need to make the changes to our welfare system, urban planning, and transportation system such that poor people can and will go to work in the fields.

Who picks tomatoes in Holland?

You don't just ignore the law at government level and do what you want. If you don't like the fucking law you remove it through the legislature. The day we are wrong for upholding the law of the land is the day we are no longer a nation of laws.