Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jindal: End 'dumbed-down conservatism' 
    Wow! I can't wait to see how this one goes over.

Jindal: End 'dumbed-down conservatism'

By JONATHAN MARTIN | 11/13/12 4:22 AM EST

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party” and make a concerted effort to reach a broader swath of voters with an inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.

In his first interview since his party’s electoral thumping last week, Jindal urged Republicans to both reject anti-intellectualism and embrace a populist-tinged reform approach that he said would mitigate what exit polls show was one of President Barack Obama’s most effective lines of attack against Mitt Romney.

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal told POLITICO in a 45-minute telephone interview. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83743.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Fabulous Poster
    Who was it that said that if you have lunch with the rich you'll get stuck with the check?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Who was it that said that if you have lunch with the rich you'll get stuck with the check?
    Can't find it, you can have it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Wow! I can't wait to see how this one goes over.
    It will go over as about as well as telling people they can no longer have their 0bamaphone.

Conservatives are constantly putting out the message of personal responsibility, smaller government, lower taxes and less spending regardless of your position in life. You see it all the time right here. How do you not understand the message? That Barry's StateRun News Media bastardizes that message into something else is the issue.
    Be Not Afraid.

What exactly do you think he's saying here? As a conservative, I never thought of myself as a supporter of "big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, or big anything" That's just successful stereo-typing by the masters of propaganda that you tend to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    What exactly do you think he's saying here? As a conservative, I never thought of myself as a supporter of "big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, or big anything" That's just successful stereo-typing by the masters of propaganda that you tend to support.
    Last I looked, there was a bailout of GM, Chrysler, $500+ million went to Solyndra, bailout for Fannie and Freddie, assorted big banks and other financial institutions and other energy companies in the Fortune 500 to the tune of $700 billion. And it wasn't the GOP who gave those bailouts out. It was the Democrat president, congress, and senate. Explain that one dirty bird.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Seriously? Dumbed-down conservatism???

Check out Stern's street polls of the average O voter. They can't name the VP, have no clue about what's going on in the next district, let alone Libya; believe fervently in Obama's 'pro-life' stance, and apparently, have absolutely zero synapse connection with respect to where the "ObamaMunny" comes from.

But the GOP is the 'stupid party'?

Sheesh.

Teh stoopid is strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Seriously? Dumbed-down conservatism???

Check out Stern's street polls of the average O voter. They can't name the VP, have no clue about what's going on in the next district, let alone Libya; believe fervently in Obama's 'pro-life' stance, and apparently, have absolutely zero synapse connection with respect to where the "ObamaMunny" comes from.

But the GOP is the 'stupid party'?

Sheesh.

Teh stoopid is strong here.
    Me thinks you need to re-read what Jindal said and let it soak in a while. You might find that he is right.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Me thinks you need to re-read what Jindal said and let it soak in a while. You might find that he is right.
    Yeah. I hear you. The Republican Party - or at least our candidates - have driven some of the free enterprise, right to life, Christianity, and personal responsibility stakes way to far into the ground. Some of the people we would like to attract have a hard time attaching themselves to a stake with no wiggle room.

I had a feeling if we lost this election that conservatives would fold like a cheap suit and I was right, there is no need to out liberal the liberals, just join them instead.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg