Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
No one that stupid can call himself a Conservative...especially after the statement calling Obama voters, intelligent and rational.
I think you've been reading DU for so long that it's skewed your perception of reality. Basically you are saying that nobody who voted for Obama are intelligent, rational people... with families and jobs... etc. You seem to think they are dumb and irrational (at least), although I'm sure there are more choice words you personally might use.

See, here's the difference. I just think they're wrong. My friends, co-workers, and family members who voted for Obama aren't dumb, or ignorant, or bad people. I have friendly debates with them, because I think they're wrong. I'm seeing them for Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'll get into politics a bit. In the words of Reagan... the trouble with my liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

This whole demonizing the other side thing... or ascribing weird motivations... just doesn't seem very healthy. It actually seems very DU-like.