Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    No one that stupid can call himself a Conservative...especially after the statement calling Obama voters, intelligent and rational.
    I think you've been reading DU for so long that it's skewed your perception of reality. Basically you are saying that nobody who voted for Obama are intelligent, rational people... with families and jobs... etc. You seem to think they are dumb and irrational (at least), although I'm sure there are more choice words you personally might use.

See, here's the difference. I just think they're wrong. My friends, co-workers, and family members who voted for Obama aren't dumb, or ignorant, or bad people. I have friendly debates with them, because I think they're wrong. I'm seeing them for Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'll get into politics a bit. In the words of Reagan... the trouble with my liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

This whole demonizing the other side thing... or ascribing weird motivations... just doesn't seem very healthy. It actually seems very DU-like.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    But just anecdotally, ever Democrat voter I know personally (family, friends, co-workers, etc) are all makers not takers. And they voted for Obama. We're talking people in the 60k+/yr income bracket... so solid middle class. They're not dumb, either. Or evil. Or filled with white guilt. It might come as a surprise, but perfectly rational, intelligent, productive people voted for Obama.
    60K? These are the folks who will be hit the worst by the squeeze play of taxes and inflation that is surely on its way with Obama. People making 60K will be paying more in tax for Obamacare (admitted to be a tax to SCOTUS) to support those making 20K or less, a growing impoverished class. Cap & Trade (to come) and associated carbon taxes will be REGRESSIVE and fall disproportionally on the middle class and poor.

Rapidly rising education costs will mean unsustainable student loan debt for the "solid middle", who are too "rich" to get income-oriented grants and too "poor" to afford tuition. In the long term, these skyrocketing education costs will mean no college at all for the solid middle, while illegal aliens (at least in California) will be getting government subsidized grants via the "Dream Act".

Meanwhile Obama's Fed backers will be installing QE 3 to rob from the "solid middle class" the value of all their assets through a planned inflationary policy. Obama's buddies on Wall Street (they remained well hidden during the election) will wreak havoc on all those programs the left holds dear like Social Security & Medicare, which is all the 60K crowd really has to hold onto when they reach old age. However, the food stamp program, outsourced to JP Morgan-Chase and run out of cheap, overseas call centers, will continue for the purpose of enriching more of Obama's Wall Street buddies. Watch the food stamp program carefully: you and I are paying for those ads, for the food stamp money, for the call centers, but JP Morgan Chase is making the profits. This will be the model for all of Obama's America.

In the end, your friends making 60K will have more and more of their money robbed from them in taxes, in Fed policies, in inflation on basics that we used to take for granted. They'd have been a lot better off voting to keep taxes DOWN, to shelve Cap & Trade, to dismantle Obamacare, and, in a nod to Ron Paul, to audit the Fed.

In voting for Obama, they have voted for the death of their own way of life. If they were making 250K, they might be all right for awhile. But 60K is the next income group to be brought down by Obama, his Wall Street cronies, and his government that does not respect private property, private income, and privacy PERIOD.

I think you've been reading DU for so long that it's skewed your perception of reality. Basically you are saying that nobody who voted for Obama are intelligent, rational people... with families and jobs... etc. You seem to think they are dumb and irrational (at least), although I'm sure there are more choice words you personally might use.

See, here's the difference. I just think they're wrong. My friends, co-workers, and family members who voted for Obama aren't dumb, or ignorant, or bad people. I have friendly debates with them, because I think they're wrong. I'm seeing them for Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'll get into politics a bit. In the words of Reagan... the trouble with my liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

This whole demonizing the other side thing... or ascribing weird motivations... just doesn't seem very healthy. It actually seems very DU-like.
    First of all troll, I hardly ever read DU. Once in a blue moon I will read a thread in our forum because of a funny title, but even that is rare.
    Secondly, you can save your patronizing, long-winded BS for one your smart Obama voters who buy into your bullshit.
    Thirdly, you can have all the friendly, ass-kissing debates you want with your Obama friends, as we all know you did nothing to prevent him from winning a second term.
    So once again, Congratulations on your Obama win, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    60K? These are the folks who will be hit the worst by the squeeze play of taxes and inflation that is surely on its way with Obama. People making 60K will be paying more in tax for Obamacare (admitted to be a tax to SCOTUS) to support those making 20K or less, a growing impoverished class. Cap & Trade (to come) and associated carbon taxes will be REGRESSIVE and fall disproportionally on the middle class and poor.

In the end, your friends making 60K will have more and more of their money robbed from them in taxes, in Fed policies, in inflation on basics that we used to take for granted. They'd have been a lot better off voting to keep taxes DOWN, to shelve Cap & Trade, to dismantle Obamacare, and, in a nod to Ron Paul, to audit the Fed.

In voting for Obama, they have voted for the death of their own way of life. If they were making 250K, they might be all right for awhile. But 60K is the next income group to be brought down by Obama, his Wall Street cronies, and his government that does not respect private property, private income, and privacy PERIOD.
    I completely agree with you.

But people I know who voted for Obama... all had very complex motivations. Some of it was social issues... some of it was the "war on women" which I blame the media for, but also Romney not being very clear and dropping his support for Todd Akin... some of it was people thinking that Romney has more/worse Wall Street cronies than Obama because remember that Romney supported at least some of the bailouts (as I recall from one of the primary debates)... Romney really just came across as this weird, robotic, untrustworthy billionaire, with no solid convictions. The Bain stuff was probably what really did him in, in my opinion.

Keep in mind nobody I know who voted for Obama was happy with his first term. They just felt Romney would be worse. Take that as you will, but I think it was Romney's race to lose and he lost it.

But people I know who voted for Obama... all had very complex motivations. Some of it was social issues... some of it was the "war on women" which I blame the media for, but also Romney not being very clear and dropping his support for Todd Akin... some of it was people thinking that Romney has more/worse Wall Street cronies than Obama because remember that Romney supported at least some of the bailouts (as I recall from one of the primary debates)... Romney really just came across as this weird, robotic, untrustworthy billionaire, with no solid convictions. The Bain stuff was probably what really did him in, in my opinion.

Keep in mind nobody I know who voted for Obama was happy with his first term. They just felt Romney would be worse. Take that as you will, but I think it was Romney's race to lose and he lost it.
    What war is the republican party waging on woman, provide proof?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    First of all troll, I hardly ever read DU. Once in a blue moon I will read a thread in our forum because of a funny title, but even that is rare.
    Secondly, you can save your patronizing, long-winded BS for one your smart Obama voters who buy into your bullshit.
    Thirdly, you can have all the friendly, ass-kissing debates you want with your Obama friends, as we all know you did nothing to prevent him from winning a second term.
    So once again, Congratulations on your Obama win, troll.
    "Dear Mom and childhood friends,

I am not coming home for Thanksgiving because you voted for Obama. You are dead to me. Don't talk to me and don't contact me in any form, because I cannot associate with traitors who hate the USA.

To my subordinates at work who voted for Obama: you are all fired, I don't want any retards on my team.

Sincerely,
    A Real Conservative"

What a strange world you must live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What war is the republican party waging on woman, provide proof?
    None. As I said I blame the media on this specific issue (for making it an issue at all), but I think the Romney campaign also handled the charge poorly. Just an observation.

But people I know who voted for Obama... all had very complex motivations. .
    Let me tell you what those complex motivations were:

1. He's black (he got nearly 100% of the Black vote) and it's OH SO COOL to have a Black President so we can get rid of all that White Guilt. Of course, if he doesn't win a third term(quite possible), then it's because we are WACIST!
    2. The unions told them to vote for him, or their benefits, raises, lollipops would disappear.
    3. The MSM told them to vote for him because he's the modern day Robin Hood and he will punish those GREEDY rich people and give to the poor.
    4. He will let Miguel, Juan and Garcia stay in the country for FREE, no taxes!!!!! Yay for Immigration!
    5. FREE healthcare for everyone...NO ONE has to pay for Healthcare,it's FREEEEEE!!!! We will be like Norway and Canada, Yay!

Maybe 5% of Obama voters were informed liberals, the rest will fit into one of the categories above..because we all KNOW it's not because of his booming Economy.

I am not coming home for Thanksgiving because you voted for Obama. You are dead to me. Don't talk to me and don't contact me in any form, because I cannot associate with traitors who hate the USA.

To my subordinates at work who voted for Obama: you are all fired, I don't want any retards on my team.

Sincerely,
    A Real Conservative"

Nice try dumbass, but I don't care who your family or friends are. I ridiculed your choice of adjectives describing them. Deal with it. You're an idiot.

Sincerely,
    A Real Conservative"

I am getting very tired of your smart assed replies. If you don't like conservatives or who we are and what we stand for get your ass somewhere else.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg