1. #1 Something big we've all overlooked in this election... 
    Ron Paul is gone.

He retired this year, it was all or nothing for the Presidency.

At least we can all (well most of us anyways) be happy for that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I haven't really overlooked it. He announced this back in the primaries, IIRC.

I'm hoping that Rand can make some good in-roads. He's all the good stuff without taking that express train to Crazytown that his father likes to take.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Ron Paul is gone.

It's nice to see them go but there is always an up and coming imbecile. LaRouche>Perot>Paul> ?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Ron Paul is gone.

I called that way back when. I said RP knows damn well he won't be President but he could legally use RP for president donations to pad his several retirement accounts.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I haven't really overlooked it. He announced this back in the primaries, IIRC.

I'm hoping that Rand can make some good in-roads. He's all the good stuff without taking that express train to Crazytown that his father likes to take.
    This. I could never get behind Ron Paul because whenever he started making sense he would go off on some crazy tangent about the "military industrial complex" and completely lose me. We'll see how Rand does, but he appears to be better grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's nice to see them go but there is always an up and coming imbecile. LaRouche>Perot>Paul> ?

LaRouche was a criminal-a tax cheat who ran for President one year from behind bars.
    I don't think it's fair to associate law-abiding crackpots like Perot and Paul with a guy like that.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Ron Paul is gone.

Paul announced it back early in the cycle. In-fact Paul wasn't even on the Iowa ballot.

Paul never intended to win this time, in fact it was discussed that this was a means to help build a base support for Rand to run later on.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Paul announced it back early in the cycle. In-fact Paul wasn't even on the Iowa ballot.

Paul never intended to win this time, in fact it was discussed that this was a means to help build a base support for Rand to run later on.
    So I'm right then in thinking that the reason he didn't throw his support behind Romney was to prop up his son. He sacrificed the sovereignty of this country for the political gain of his family. Nice.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.