Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Denny’s To Charge 5% “Obamacare Surcharge” 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Via Daily Mail:
    President Obama’s election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power – but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny’s and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers’ bills and will reduce his employees’ hours.

With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is ‘the only alternative. I’ve got to pass on the cost to the customer.’
    The fast-food business owner is set to hold meetings at his restaurants in December where he will tell employees, ‘that because of Obamacare, we are going to be cutting front-of-the-house employees to under 30 hours, effective immediately.’

-------------

And it begins. I'm sure this will be only the first of a long line of companies passing the cost on to the customers. Inflation will be obscene to say the least. Not to mention the pain as more and more companies cut worker hours to avoid the law.

The unintended consequences of good intentions.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

This was intended all along, the plan is to push everyone to Government healthcare.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'll be waiting for the boycott demands from the Left. I'll be more eagerly awaiting the boycott demands on Stryker Medical Equipment. Somehow, I suspect that's never coming.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This was intended all along, the plan is to push everyone to Government healthcare.
    Yep.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Naturally you wouldnt expect to see this story covered by U.S. Pravda. Gotta love the American knee pad media, doncha ya?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I haven't been to a Denny's in years. There was a boycott in the 90s, by black people, because of some racial incidents at some of their restaurants. Most of them around metro Detroit have closed, probably due to that boycott. There are still Denny's restaurants in the exurbs, Grand Rapids, and along I-94 west.

I prefer Big Boy's all you can eat breakfast buffet, personally.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Via Daily Mail:
    President Obama’s election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power – but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny’s and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers’ bills and will reduce his employees’ hours.

With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is ‘the only alternative. I’ve got to pass on the cost to the customer.’
    The fast-food business owner is set to hold meetings at his restaurants in December where he will tell employees, ‘that because of Obamacare, we are going to be cutting front-of-the-house employees to under 30 hours, effective immediately.’

-------------

And it begins. I'm sure this will be only the first of a long line of companies passing the cost on to the customers. Inflation will be obscene to say the least. Not to mention the pain as more and more companies cut worker hours to avoid the law.

He should have had a health care plan for his employees in the first place, and his prices would include that.

What kind of a person would cheer on this man? What kind of a person thinks it's really neat that he can pay 25 cents less for his lunch at the expense of the people who serve him?

It's becoming increasingly clear what the health care debate is about: petty people who don't give a shit if other people have health care as long as they have theirs.

This country isn't saving a nickel by shopping at Walmart. Between food stamps, section 8, and Medicaid their employees are amongst the largest collectors of welfare benefits.

Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He should have had a health care plan for his employees in the first place, and his prices would include that.

What kind of a person would cheer on this man? What kind of a person thinks it's really neat that he can pay 25 cents less for his lunch at the expense of the people who serve him?

It's becoming increasingly clear what the health care debate is about: petty people who don't give a shit if other people have health care as long as they have theirs.

This country isn't saving a nickel by shopping at Walmart. Between food stamps, section 8, and Medicaid their employees are amongst the largest collectors of welfare benefits.

Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
    Denny's does have one. Least had one till this bill came along.

Participating In Denny’s Benefits

Who Is Eligible

The benefits described in this SPD are provided
    for you — the eligible employees of Denny’s —
    and for your eligible dependents.

You

You are eligible to participate in Denny’s benefits
    if you are:

􀂃 A regular, full-time salaried employee, and
    􀂃 Scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week
    They are cutting hours below 30 a week, that means every one is losing this now thanks to obamacare.

Cost of Coverage
    Denny’s pays the full cost of basic benefits:
    􀂃 Simple Steps To A Healthier Life®
    (personalized online health assessment
    when you enroll in a medical plan)
    􀂃 Basic Life and Accidental Death and
    Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
    􀂃 Travel Assistance Program
    􀂃 Short-Term Disability (STD) coverage

You and Denny’s share the cost of your
    healthcare benefits:
    􀂃 Medical and prescription drug coverage
    􀂃 Dental coverage

You pay the full cost for these voluntary benefits if
    you choose to enroll:
    􀂃 Vision coverage
    􀂃 Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible
    Spending Accounts (FSAs)
    􀂃 Supplemental Life Insurance
    􀂃 Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
    􀂃 Additional LTD coverage (to bring total
    replacement income to 60%)
    I don't even get much of that. And I have great insurance.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

What about me? I don't have health insurance, and I don't give a shit if other people have it either.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    What about me? I don't have health insurance, and I don't give a shit if other people have it either.
    Now you and i will be forced to either buy a plan or pay a fine, I have money for neither it is pay for healthcare insurance, pay their fine or pay my bills, I have to pay my bills.

I was doing fine paying doctor visits out of pocket and making payments on emergency room bills. They will make me a criminal yet for minding my own business and paying my own bills and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, they have painted me into a corner.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg