Thread: Denny’s To Charge 5% “Obamacare Surcharge”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Denny's does have one.
    Having a plan and having a plan that employees can use and afford is not the same thing.
    Denny's offers three plans according to your info:

• A real Aetna Choice plan that looks like real health insurance PPO

• A catastrophic plan

• A so-called "mini-plan" with $25,000 coverage max (like McDonald's and Walmart use to claim higher percentages of insured)

Metz claims that ACA will cost him an additional $5000 per year per employee, or $175,000 per store per year, so clearly 35 of the employees in a given store do not have health insurance.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    What about me? I don't have health insurance, and I don't give a shit if other people have it either.
    Right. So when you wake up one morning and have to go to the ER with some dreadful malfunction, the hospital will end up taking all of your stuff and then the taxpayers will pick up the difference.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now you and i will be forced to either buy a plan or pay a fine, I have money for neither it is pay for healthcare insurance, pay their fine or pay my bills, I have to pay my bills.

I was doing fine paying doctor visits out of pocket and making payments on emergency room bills. They will make me a criminal yet for minding my own business and paying my own bills and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, they have painted me into a corner.
    Would you have preferred that the ER turn you away? If you seriously think that you mind your own business and that universal healthcare infringes on your liberty, then support the right of the hospital to demand payment or insurance before allowing the amberlamps to drop you off.

Do you really want a hospital to turn your family member away? Would not not kick and scream about all the taxes you have paid and never drawn a nickel of welfare?

Seriously, the time has come. The way we have been doing this is wrong. It's always been wrong.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Having a plan and having a plan that employees can use and afford is not the same thing.
    Denny's offers three plans according to your info:

• A real Aetna Choice plan that looks like real health insurance PPO

• A catastrophic plan

• A so-called "mini-plan" with $25,000 coverage max (like McDonald's and Walmart use to claim higher percentages of insured)

Metz claims that ACA will cost him an additional $5000 per year per employee, or $175,000 per store per year, so clearly 35 of the employees in a given store do not have health insurance.
    Nova, Obamacare states a minimum coverage plan level, and if you don't meet it, you are fined. The "mini-plan" like McDonald's does not meet that level, that is why the HHS gave them a waver last year. They too will be paying the 5,000 year fine. So clearly 35 out of the 35 employees can have some level of coverage as is, but not to the level obamacare dictates.

learn some thing please.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Nova, Obamacare states a minimum coverage plan level, and if you don't meet it, you are fined. The "mini-plan" like McDonald's does not meet that level, that is why the HHS gave them a waver last year. They too will be paying the 5,000 year fine. So clearly 35 out of the 35 employees can have some level of coverage as is, but not to the level obamacare dictates.

learn some thing please.
    There is nothing to learn there. The "mini-plan" is not comprehensive health insurance and doesn't facilitate preventative care. It pays for a broken wrist, maybe.

The goal here is not "some coverage". If that were the case, then Denny's could simply have an in house policy of paying up to $1000 for each employee and call themselves 100% insured. It's not acceptable.

This country isn't saving a nickel by shopping at Walmart. Between food stamps, section 8, and Medicaid their employees are amongst the largest collectors of welfare benefits.

Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
    You better come up with statistics and links from unbiased sources to back this up or you should be banned for spreading lies.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Would you have preferred that the ER turn you away? If you seriously think that you mind your own business and that universal healthcare infringes on your liberty, then support the right of the hospital to demand payment or insurance before allowing the amberlamps to drop you off.

Do you really want a hospital to turn your family member away? Would not not kick and scream about all the taxes you have paid and never drawn a nickel of welfare?

Seriously, the time has come. The way we have been doing this is wrong. It's always been wrong.
    Nova, many more are now then before, and its getting worse because of this law.

'Health Affairs' Study: One-Third of Doctors Won't Accept New - Forbes

Read that link

Fact is Medicare is going broke, Obamacare takes 700 billion out of it to fund Obamacare, while at the same time puts 30+ million more people into that program.

If you decrease the funds, increase the people, that will force you to decrease the payments made for their treatments. Hospitals will in turn have no choice but refuse treatment due to lack of payment. Their cost will not be covered.
    Rest In Peace America

There is nothing to learn there. The "mini-plan" is not comprehensive health insurance and doesn't facilitate preventative care. It pays for a broken wrist, maybe.

The goal here is not "some coverage". If that were the case, then Denny's could simply have an in house policy of paying up to $1000 for each employee and call themselves 100% insured. It's not acceptable.
    Did you, or did you not state,

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart
    so clearly 35 of the employees in a given store do not have health insurance.
    Now your saying there is nothing to learn here, that some thing is not better then the now nothing they all will be forced to have. That they now are better off with nothing at all?

Plus learn math.
    Rest In Peace America

Read that link

Fact is Medicare is going broke, Obamacare takes 700 billion out of it to fund Obamacare, while at the same time puts 30+ million more people into that program.

If you decrease the funds, increase the people, that will force you to decrease the payments made for their treatments. Hospitals will in turn have no choice but refuse treatment due to lack of payment. Their cost will not be covered.

Logic can't be argued wit a libs emotions, but what about the children!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Fabulous Poster

Read that link

$700 billion from Medicare?

Last edited by Rockntractor; 11-15-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: provide links to copyrighted material