Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Better stock up on Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho-Ho's while you can.... 
    Greedy union idiots kill another iconic company of my youth...

Twinkie Maker Hostess to Close

By RACHEL FEINTZEIG

Hostess Brands Inc., the maker of iconic treats such as Twinkies and traditional pantry staple Wonder Bread, is shuttering its plants and liquidating its 82-year-old business.

A victim of changing consumer tastes, high commodity costs and, most importantly, strained labor relations, Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union.

The work stoppage, launched Nov. 9 by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union to protest a fresh labor contract, affected about two-thirds of Hostess's 36 plants. The strike was making it impossible for the Irving, Tex., company to continue producing its baked goods, Chief Executive Gregory Rayburn said.

The CEO, a restructuring professional who ascended to the top of the company after its former leader abruptly resigned earlier this year, said the liquidation will take months but require few workers.
    link

Thanks to the greed of union workers, the snacks I grew up with are gone forever.....along with their 18,000 jobs.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Greedy union idiots kill another iconic company of my youth...

link

Thanks to the greed of union workers, the snacks I grew up with are gone forever.....along with their 18,000 jobs.
    Another victory for organized labor! The workers have forced the bosses to quit! The factories are closed! ...uh oh.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hostess is the poster child of garbage food. It's not surprising that some would see its passing as inevitable. People are demanding higher quality food these days. Few people want their kids eating stuff which ingredients they can't pronounce, high fructose corn syrup, and a shelf life of 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Hostess is the poster child of garbage food. It's not surprising that some would see its passing as inevitable. People are demanding higher quality food these days. Few people want their kids eating stuff which ingredients they can't pronounce, high fructose corn syrup, and a shelf life of 12 years.
    Now that was stupid.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

My dad used to hide Ding Dongs for me in his closet whenever my mom put me on a diet when I was a kid. I haven't bought any in a long time, but they are so good. It's too bad. Hostess bought out Dolly Madison a while back, so Zingers will also be gone.

It's also a sad day for the defense attorney who represented Dan White. No more Twinkie defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    a shelf life of 12 years.

Does Rock know this?? I am stocking up..I love HOHO's, always bring them with me on roadtrips.

I'm going to have to add them to my survivor stash. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Does Rock know this?? I am stocking up..I love HOHO's, always bring them with me on roadtrips.

That woman won't let me keeps no one ho around let alone two.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Isn't it amazing that someone who puts another man's equipment into his mouth for recreation is judging what other people put in theirs.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I am stocking up..I love HOHO's, always bring them with me on roadtrips.
    You won't have to stock up. Whether Hostess collapses or not, they have several long established and easily recognizable brands. And they do very good sales. Produce them without the crushing expenses and you have a money maker. Twinkies, HoHo, etc...will remain.

I hope it's Bain that sweeps in and rebuilds them. Sans unions of course.
    Be Not Afraid.