1. #1 Teen picking up girlfriend from school arrested for guns in truck 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Teen picking up girlfriend from school arrested for guns in truck

"What a crock of sh*t,the kid has some hunting rifles in his truck,big deal !"

FUQUAY-VARINA- A Holly Springs teen picking up his girlfriend from Fuquay-Varina High School Tuesday afternoon was arrested after school officials noticed a shotgun and a rifle in his pickup, Fuquay-Varina police said.

Joseph Pascal Aprea, 18, of 109 Malmedy Drive in Holly Springs was charged with two felony counts of possession of a weapon on school grounds, according to arrest warrants.

Aprea was driving through the carpool lane to pick up his girlfriend after school when an assistant principal noticed a shotgun hanging from a gunrack on the inside of his truck cab's rear window, Capt. Bob Adams of the Fuquay-Varina Police Department said.

Aprea did not attempt to take the shotgun out of the vehicle, Adams added.

In addition to the 12-gauge shotgun, authorities also found a .22-caliber rifle in Aprea's truck along with 49 shotgun shells, two boxcutters and a 5-and-a-half-inch hunting knife, Adams said.

"He wasn't trying to create any problems at the school. However, you're not allowed to bring guns on school property," Adams said.

Aprea spent the night in the Wake County Jail and was released today on an $11,500 bond.

Aprea's mother, Jacqueline Tapp, said this afternoon it was just "a stupid mistake" for her son to leave in his truck the rifle and shotgun he uses for target practice and hunting.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1230817.html

Banned
    What is the world coming to. My junior and senior year in high school I had a Mini-14 in a gunrack installed inside the trunk lid of my car and a .45 M1911 in a holster riveted to the center console. Mine were kept out of sight but at least a dozen trucks in the school parking lot had rifles in rifle racks easily visible in the rear windows. The situation was the same in every small west Texas town and not once did a situation ever arise from it.

I am in total and constant violation of this school gun law.

I can literally throw a rock from my house to the elementary school near my home but yet merely possessing firearms within this distance is against the law.

Like I care.

Unreal. There were plenty of guns in vehicles in my high school; never thought anything of it, never felt afraid.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I am in total and constant violation of this school gun law.

I can literally throw a rock from my house to the elementary school near my home but yet merely possessing firearms within this distance is against the law.

Like I care.

Is it illegal for you to have a gun in your home, even if it is close to a school? Is there a loophole for homeowners, or has there just not been a reason for anyone to challenge the law yet? I'm curious about it-in Michigan, people always can cite the case of Dr. Ossian Sweet, who shot a mob of racists who didn't want him living in their neighborhood. Judge Murphy of Recorder's Court aquitted him of murder, and said "A man's home is his castle".

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Is it illegal for you to have a gun in your home, even if it is close to a school? Is there a loophole for homeowners, or has there just not been a reason for anyone to challenge the law yet? I'm curious about it-in Michigan, people always can cite the case of Dr. Ossian Sweet, who shot a mob of racists who didn't want him living in their neighborhood. Judge Murphy of Recorder's Court aquitted him of murder, and said "A man's home is his castle".
    We are exempt - kind of - except technically when we leave our own property line.

It's pretty unlikely that anybody would try to apply the law to its full limits where I live.

Yep - you should be able to drive right into LAX with your AK-47 hang’en from you pick-up truck’s window rack - with its banana clip proudly displayed.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Holy crap - this is where I went to high school. :eek:

Betcha I know the assistant principal that noticed.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yep - you should be able to drive right into LAX with your AK-47 hang’en from you pick-up truck’s window rack - with its banana clip proudly displayed.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Of course.

But you'd have to put it in a case before you enter the terminal.

People fly with guns all the time.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.