Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Did you agree with Romney's 47% remark? 
    For me I'm 19 I love politics and have a true passion for history I'm conservative.

But I would say yes and No

I would say yes when they are to lazy or don't care to get off there ass and go find work of any kind and feel like the government can take of them all there life.

And No becaause-> My Family is the 47% meaning there Middle Class they are not lazy my Dad works at home for guess who it a company Romney took a chance when others wouldn't Staples he makes 90,000 dollars every year and works hard.

My mom just went back to work after a year long battle with breast cancer.

And No because I'm disabled I'm on SS I would love to have a Job and be off of it I'm volunteering right now and hope to get a Job soon.

Also my Grandpa worked for GM all his career and saved enough to retire with very good savings in his bank and very carefull about his money.

So I have mixed views do you agree with him on it Yes or No and Why?

And excuse my spelling I was in special education my whole life and have a long struggle with it.

And sorry wasn't trying to tell you my life story lol.

Had it been meant for public consumption it would have been explained in better detail. as it was it was a stolen comment used out of context and was never worded for the public as it was stated.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Yes in spirit, no in actuality. It's true there are people for whom a message of self-reliance isn't appealing. But the 47% number was misused... as I understand it, the 47% number is simply people who don't pay income tax. Half of those are seniors, and it's not fair to paint them as moochers when they've worked their whole lives and paid into social security. According to Forbes...

In 2009, according to Internal Revenue Service studies, six of the 400 U.S. tax filers with the highest adjusted gross income (meaning AGI of at least $77 million) paid no U.S. income tax, while 19,551 U.S. households with income above $200,000 owed no U.S. or foreign income tax.

So yeah, at least some of those 47% are Republicans in high income brackets.
    Last edited by m00; 11-18-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Dude, you are not in the 47% if dad makes 7,000.00 bucks a month working at home!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

The 47% was referring to an attitude, not a circumstance. My wife and I both draw Social Security. Anyone who calls us part of the 47% is going to have a serious fight on his hands.

Turns out Romney was wrong. The actual amount is proven to be 50.3%.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Dude, you are not in the 47% if dad makes 7,000.00 bucks a month working at home!!!
    You're assuming it's all legal and reported.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDemocrat View Post
    ...............And No because I'm disabled I'm on SS I would love to have a Job and be off of it I'm volunteering right now and hope to get a Job soon..............
    Hold up now! Go slow. If you are permanently disabled, wouldn't you mess up your Social Security by getting a job? And once the system dumps you wouldn't it be tough to get back on if your job ends?

I've know people who simply cannot work; they are disabled through circumstances that have absolutely nothing to do with them, personally. Most people who cannot work wish they could. The 47% we are discussing either work and do not want to; or do not work and are not planning to work if they can get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Hold up now! Go slow. If you are permanently disabled, wouldn't you tup your Social Security by getting a job? And once the system dumps you wouldn't it be tough to get back on if your job ends?

I've know people who simply cannot work; they are disabled through circumstances that have absolutely nothing to do with them, personally. Most people who cannot work wish they could. The 47% we are discussing either work and do not want to; or do not work and are not planning to work if they can get out of it.
    The big problem with the system is the penalty if someone on SS disability tries to gradually get back into the job market. You have it exactly right. If they try to do a job and it proves to be impossible, they're then left with nothing. If anyone knows to the contrary, please reply. It's that old caught between a rock and a hard place.

A Former Democrat, be careful and try the volunteering and see how you do. If you were in special ed for years, is there a way to get additional help? I know there's that cliff after the age of 18 where you're sort of cut loose. In my opinion it would be best to have continuing educational help. That's a much better use of resources than providing all the lifelong support for people who don't have any intention of ever providing for themselves and have multi-generational dependencies on the government.

Help should be there for people who truly need it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

OK, this person is beginning to sound familiar. They call them-self "FormerDemocrat" and since they came here all they've done is start threads asking silly questions then abandoning the thread, not asking any follow up questions. Sort of CITM-esque who was the worst swoop-and-pooper here.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, this person is beginning to sound familiar. They call them-self "FormerDemocrat" and since they came here all they've done is start threads asking silly questions then abandoning the thread, not asking any follow up questions. Sort of CITM-esque who was the worst swoop-and-pooper here.
    It isn't CITM, CITM posts now as ASquareDealer. Former has his own IP and I guess being 19 years old he just has a lot of questions. I'll take him at face value as to who he says he is unless he proves himself to be something else.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg