#1 Obama Consults With MSNBC Host Al Sharpton, and Other 'Civil Rights Leaders11-17-2012, 01:53 AM
This afternoon, President Barack Obama consulted with MSNBC host Al Sharpton, who's also assicated with the National Action Network (NAN), about the fiscal talks between the White House and Congress. At the same meeting, Obama also consulted with other "leaders of civil rights and civic organizations."
Via the pool report:
President Obama and Vice President Biden met with leaders of civil rights and civic organizations to discuss negotiations over how to avoid the fiscal cliff. The meeting lasted over an hour, and participants spoke to reporters outside the West Wing after they wrapped up.
Per the White House, expected attendees included:
* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Sister Simone Campbell, NETWORK
* Chad Griffin, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
* Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR)
* Deepa Iyer National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA)
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Marc Morial, National Urban League
* Janet Murguia, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
* Barry Rand, AARP
* Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, MomsRising.org
* Rev. Al Sharpton, National Action Network (NAN)
* Aaron Smith, Young Invincibles
* Rev. Jim Wallis, Sojourners
Pool can confirm that Campbell, Henderson, Iyer, Jealous, Morial, Murguia, Rand, Sharpton, Smith and Wallis were there, 'cause they all came out and talked.
So the election is over and Bigbird is left out of everything.Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|