1. #1 Quadriplegic Rapist to be Released from Prison 
    California appeals court has granted the release of a quadriplegic rapist who was considered an excessive cost to the state.

Steven Martinez was convicted of several counts of violent rape in 1998 after he drove his car over a woman, assaulted her, kidnapped her and then raped her.

While serving his sentence in 2001, Martinez was attacked by two other inmates and was stabbed in the neck. The wound paralyzed him instantly. As an inmate, his caretakers say he remains an "angry, repulsive person."

Read More> http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2CYU4glnX
    At first glance the title raised a myriad of questions.
    Hopefully his wheelchair doesn't slip and roll out into traffic or into a manhole our something.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Why does it cost so much to take care of him? I thought they had other prisoners who act as caretakers in exchange for early release or privileges or something? Lock-Up isn't a good source for this sort of info?

" I turned around for a couple of seconds and he was gone, the wheelchair brake let go, I guess the mortuary can remove the OVLOV from his forehead."
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Why does it cost so much to take care of him? I thought they had other prisoners who act as caretakers in exchange for early release or privileges or something? Lock-Up isn't a good source for this sort of info?
    I don't know about there but here the inmates are not caretakers with the exception of what we call palliative care workers who are volunteers who come in for an hour or so to care for inmates who are dying. Other than that, we have a full medical staff which includes doctors, nurses, nurses assistants, etc. As for the high cost, he probably is on some kind of breathing machine, feeding tube, requires near round the clock care including changing diapers or colostomy bags(which are down right nasty), piss bag, medication, etc. We have jokers like this as well. Not to mention that inmate patients are the biggest cry babies going.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

So now he's going to go into some sort of long care facility and still be on the tax payer dime. I say they accidentally drop him on the highway when the ambulance doors accidentally open.

The article said that his parents are going to take care of him, so I guess they'll be paying for whatever medicaid doesn't cover as long as they live.

It's unfortunate that his injury didn't kill him.