Thread: New here

Hybrid View

1. #1 New here 
    And I needed a place like this...I feel like a fish out of water other places. While I am an Independent, my leanings are far more conservative than most.

I live in eastern TN with my husband and furbabies...have 7 cats and 3 dogs. Thanks to becoming a grandmother recently, we will be moving next year to Western North Carolina. We are also gonna try and buy a decent amount of property so we can become a bit more self sufficient. While not a prepper, disasters DO happen and planning in advance makes sense.

Liz

Welcome! Eastern Tennessee/Western NC is one of the prettiest places in America. Weather can be a little harsh, but not all that bad......and then there was that rock slide a couple years back that had the freeway closed for months...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Welcome! Eastern Tennessee/Western NC is one of the prettiest places in America. Weather can be a little harsh, but not all that bad......and then there was that rock slide a couple years back that had the freeway closed for months...
    Yeah, altho the old way between both places was still open and easy to use (unless you were a big truck).

I grew up in the upstate of SC...the NC/TN mountains have always been home to me.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Power CUer
    Welcome! Where in Western NC, north like Boone or south like Asheville/Hendersonville?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Welcome! Where in Western NC, north like Boone or south like Asheville/Hendersonville?
    Asheville area, more like Candler area. But a bit north would work too.

Liz
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Power CUer
    Very nice. The Asheville area is on my potential retirement places list, along with Williamsburg and a few others.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken