Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Congratulations. She lost her job. I hope you're proud of yourselves. Perhaps internet forums should go to real name users only so that all offensive speech can be similarly punished.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    If it were a picture of an ez-bake oven at the holocaust memorial, would you be a bit offended? What about a noose at the MLK memorial?
    An equivalent argument would be simply if she were to do the same thing at the Holocaust Memorial or the MLK Memorial. In that circumstance I would take the same position. In fact, if she were to do the same thing at those other two monuments, then perhaps it would be clearer to you that her object was the sign, not the fallen soldiers and veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Congratulations. She lost her job.
    Warhol called it.

Congratulations. She lost her job. I hope you're proud of yourselves. Perhaps internet forums should go to real name users only so that all offensive speech can be similarly punished.
    Actions have consequences. Period.

Choosing a location at which honor and respect and service are more than just terms thrown about by someone paying lip service to those qualities to show one's ass demonstrates just how quickly ass showings have teeth.
    U.S. Army, Retired

An equivalent argument would be simply if she were to do the same thing at the Holocaust Memorial or the MLK Memorial. In that circumstance I would take the same position. In fact, if she were to do the same thing at those other two monuments, then perhaps it would be clearer to you that her object was the sign, not the fallen soldiers and veterans.
    In the end, it doesn't really matter what her "true objective" was, even if you actually knew it.

She picked the wrong battle at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ergo, she gets flushed like the proverbial turd. We can only hope she didn't leave a skid mark.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    From what I read, there was outrage on bothsides of the spectrum (as there should be). However there is also calls for her to be left alone. Why? I'll never know...
    There are a couple of Facebook pages in support of her. The most prominent one, https://www.facebook.com/LindsaySton...ref=ts&fref=ts, used this as an icon:

Basically, they're antiwar moonbats who take up any cause that attacks us.

So would thee panties be in a knot were this joke photo have been taken at the Wicomico Memorial Park?
    You can be such an idiot sometimes.

Why? Because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to condemn this woman for joking around on a field trip? I doubt that she is the first to do so. So we should ask, "What has changed?" The thing that has changed is that this woman's photo album is now in a format where someone in desperate need of cause could blow it up and portray it as the worst thing anyone ever did. It simply, isn't. And if we're going to start demanding that everyone who does or says something stupid be fired from his job, then I'll assume that you are in a position to throw stones. Are you?
    There are some places that you don't joke around. And if you are stupid enough to joke around, then you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions. In her case, she wasn't simply joking, but deliberately showing gross disrespect at the Tomb of the Unknowns. That's hallowed ground for those of us who, but for the grace of God or luck of the draw, could have ended up there. She sought to offend, and succeeded, and she did it on her employer's dime (it was a business-sponsored trip). She has every right to be an offensive jackass, but we have every right to point out to her employer that we don't appreciate the conduct that he pays for.

This woman was goofing around. I doubt that anyone other than the cameraman saw her do this in person.
    If that had been the case, then she wouldn't have gotten into trouble. She posted the photo on her Facebook page and it went viral. She wanted attention and she got it.

As for goofing around, perhaps the next time she can pretend to wipe her butt with an AIDS quilt and see your reaction.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    As for goofing around, perhaps the next time she can pretend to wipe her butt with an AIDS quilt and see your reaction.
    Or any affront to gays for that matter. I wonder how Nova would feel if someone stood in front of Harvey Milk's grave, ate a Twinkie(or some other tubular sponge cake since Twinkie's are on hiatus) and snapped a picture and posted it for all the world to see.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

She didn't wipe her butt on the monument. She goofed around with a sign. She's from New Jersey- what do you expect?

She didn't wipe her butt on the monument. She goofed around with a sign. She's from New Jersey- what do you expect?
    Even Jerseyites understand RESPECT.

What that asshat did went far beyond "goofing around with a sign."
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Actions have consequences. Period.

Choosing a location at which honor and respect and service are more than just terms thrown about by someone paying lip service to those qualities to show one's ass demonstrates just how quickly ass showings have teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    In the end, it doesn't really matter what her "true objective" was, even if you actually knew it.

She picked the wrong battle at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ergo, she gets flushed like the proverbial turd. We can only hope she didn't leave a skid mark.
    Ain't karma a bitch
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.