Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1 Federal Workers to Congress: Leave Us Out of Deficit Deal 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,850
    By Eric Katz, Government Executive
    Updated: November 20, 2012 | 6:21 p.m.
    November 20, 2012 | 6:16 p.m.

    The Federal-Postal Coalition -- a group representing more than two dozen federal employee unions -- pleaded with Congress on Monday to spare their members in any deal related to the "fiscal cliff."

    Federal workers, the coalition wrote in a letter, have contributed more than their fair share toward reducing the debt and are the only group that has been targeted so heavily.

    “Federal and postal employees and their families are hardworking, middle-class Americans who are struggling during these tough times just like other Americans,” the group wrote. “No other group has been asked to financially contribute the way they have, and it is time our nation’s leaders found other ways to reduce the deficit than continually taking from those who have dedicated their lives to public service.”
    http://nationaljournal.com/congress-...-deal-20121120

    Why yes of course public employees should not bear any burden , we need to tighten our belts but that should not include federal employees, labor unions , teachers, welfare recipients ,unemployment benefits, the salaries of politicians, of course these should all be exempt.


    I always like the expression of Obama's, "skin in the game" but why do they always want to take it out of my hide and leave themselves and their special interest groups out of it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    Problem is this: while organized labor may not be all that huge of a voting block, they are a juggernaut of grassroots mobilization.

    Obama won this election on voter turnout, and I'm willing to bet a large portion of that was accomplished by the unions.

    That kind of support, given the result, does indeed earn Big Labor a few special favors...

    Hell, the Democrats give AFL-CIO veto power over campaign activities that they help finance. They're that far in Big Labor's pocket.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,850
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Problem is this: while organized labor may not be all that huge of a voting block, they are a juggernaut of grassroots mobilization.

    Obama won this election on voter turnout, and I'm willing to bet a large portion of that was accomplished by the unions.

    That kind of support, given the result, does indeed earn Big Labor a few special favors...

    Hell, the Democrats give AFL-CIO veto power over campaign activities that they help finance. They're that far in Big Labor's pocket.
    Kind of a nice deal how they buy political offices, jobs for their friends and it's all done with my money and they don't even ask me when the arrangements are made.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Kind of a nice deal how they buy political offices, jobs for their friends and it's all done with my money and they don't even ask me when the arrangements are made.
    Most prostitutes won't kiss you after paying them to screw you either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Most prostitutes won't kiss you after paying them to screw you either.
    I feel so cheap and used.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •