Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Allen West concedes to Patrick Murphy 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's over.

By ALEX ISENSTADT | 11/20/12 5:45 AM EST

Florida Rep. Allen West— the tea party pugilist and face of the class of House Republicans that stormed to power two years ago — conceded Tuesday to 29-year-old construction executive Patrick Murphy in one of the nation’s highest-profile congressional races.

After two weeks of battle with St. Lucie County elections officials — and a recount of early votes that wound up extending Murphy’s lead — West acknowledged that he couldn’t surmount his 1,904-vote, or 0.58 percent, deficit. That difference was just outside the 0.5 percent threshold to automatically trigger a recount of all votes.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I think West probably really did win the election. If everyone who voted for Romney also voted for West, he would have won. Seems unlikely people broke for Romney and then went on and voted for Murphy. I can see people doing an Obama/West split... but I can't imagine a substantial bloc of voters doing a Romney/Murphy split.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I think West probably really did win the election. If everyone who voted for Romney also voted for West, he would have won. Seems unlikely people broke for Romney and then went on and voted for Murphy. I can see people doing an Obama/West split... but I can't imagine a substantial bloc of voters doing a Romney/Murphy split.
    Why not? Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota, and Montana went for Romney yet the Democratic Senate candidate won.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Why not? Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota, and Montana went for Romney yet the Democratic Senate candidate won.
    Yeah, but West is black.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Yeah, but West is black.

It has never been about democracy with the Democrats, that is why the method to gain power is unimportant.
    Do you really believe a party that wants to give all power to government really cares if the people choose to do that?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

WTG Flori-DUH,,,Again!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    WTG Flori-DUH,,,Again!
    They redistricted his area into a majority Democrat area. Gerrymandering at it's worst.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They redistricted his area into a majority Democrat area. Gerrymandering at it's worst.
    What is the basis for this claim? If you will compare the 2010 map to the 2012 map, you will see much less in the way of squiggly lines and westward wandering branches to that district. It went from being a splotch to being a rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What is the basis for this claim? If you will compare the 2010 map to the 2012 map, you will see much less in the way of squiggly lines and westward wandering branches to that district. It went from being a splotch to being a rectangle.
    And if that splotch was majority democrat they wouldn't have made said rectangle. I can show you worse but then again you'd just twist it to fit your world view. Hypocrite.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.