Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And if that splotch was majority democrat they wouldn't have made said rectangle. I can show you worse but then again you'd just twist it to fit your world view. Hypocrite.
    The districts were redrawn under new rules because the people of Florida amended the Florida constitution to require that districts be compact and contiguous. Personally, I think the better solution would have been to draw straight lines across the state in equal population increments with all other considerations be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What is the basis for this claim?
    You mean besides reality?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And if that splotch was majority democrat they wouldn't have made said rectangle. I can show you worse but then again you'd just twist it to fit your world view. Hypocrite.
    Don't you know that the shape of the Gerrymandered district and that alone means it stayed the same demographically? Sheesh, every liberal knows that.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Don't you know that the shape of the Gerrymandered district and that alone means it stayed the same demographically? Sheesh, every liberal knows that.
    The point of the realignment wasn't to keep the demographics the same.

In establishing Legislative district boundaries: (1) No apportionment plan or district shall be drawn with the intent to favor or disfavor a political party or an incumbent; and districts shall not be drawn with the intent or result of denying or abridging the equal opportunity of racial or language minorities to participate in the political process or to diminish their ability to elect representatives of their choice; and districts shall consist of contiguous territory. (2) Unless compliance with the standards in this subsection conflicts with the standards in subsection (1) or with federal law, districts shall be as nearly equal in population as is practicable; districts shall be compact; and districts shall, where feasible, utilize existing political and geographical boundaries. (3) The order in which the standards within sub-sections (1) and (2) of this section are set forth shall not be read to establish any priority of one standard over the other within that subsection.

The point of realignment by the RNC was to do exactly what happened. Force West out. He's liked by the TEA party...therefore Rence Pribus and the rest of the establishment decided he had to go.

He wasn't the only one they tried to do it to...just the only one they succeeded with.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The point of realignment by the RNC was to do exactly what happened. Force West out. He's liked by the TEA party...therefore Rence Pribus and the rest of the establishment decided he had to go.

He wasn't the only one they tried to do it to...just the only one they succeeded with.
    The GOP fought the Florida Fair Districts amendment tooth and nail.

Certain districts. TEA Party favorites like West got the shaft.

House Speaker Weepy hates the TEA Party.

Does the GOP fight for anything? Oh thats right... to "cross the aisle".

And maybe to trash a tea party candidate here and there ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Fabulous Poster
    Certain districts. TEA Party favorites like West got the shaft.

House Speaker Weepy hates the TEA Party.
    Then you must think the GOP leadership incompetent if the best they could do was cause a squeaker that made Allen West and the GOP look like whiny sore losers.

Your company:

http://www.facebook.com/Arpaio

How secure is Pribus' job as RNC chair, following the election? Steele got fired from that job and he didn't screw up half as badly. Even if the Tea Party is only 30% of the GOP (and I'm not saying it's not a larger percentage), it's probably enough to replace him with somebody more in touch with the Tea Party. A lot of republicans who aren't necessarily Tea Party people still don't like losing elections.