Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went to Gamestop, tried to take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 free sale. Then I tried to use a coupon that gave me $10 off, and it cancelled their sale out. So I only left with 2 games and paid $6, which I would have done any other day of the year.

Otherwise we avoided Black Friday stuff.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I totally suck at this. I did most of my shopping online on Thanksgiving at Disney.com and Gymboree.com. But I still needed Christmas lights to put outside the house. So, after working a 12 hour shift at work,I went to my parents house for dinner. Left at 11pm and headed to Target for Christmas lights. It was busy but not pushing or shoving. The lines were long but it was well organized. I paid full price for net lights to throw around my bushes, and picked up some other things on the way to the register.

Unless you were getting flat screen tv's or the other electronics, it's really not worth it...but I always have to be where the action is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I totally suck at this. I did most of my shopping online on Thanksgiving at Disney.com and Gymboree.com. But I still needed Christmas lights to put outside the house. So, after working a 12 hour shift at work,I went to my parents house for dinner. Left at 11pm and headed to Target for Christmas lights. It was busy but not pushing or shoving. The lines were long but it was well organized. I paid full price for net lights to throw around my bushes, and picked up some other things on the way to the register.

Unless you were getting flat screen tv's or the other electronics, it's really not worth it...but I always have to be where the action is...
    There are just so many flat screens you can get. I hate seeing those sale prices, because we groan when we think of what we paid for them about 5 years ago.

Got some extra LED lights at Walgreen's the other day. They had good deals on them and no pushing or shoving. Besides the sale, I had coupons from them, so didn't spend much.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There are just so many flat screens you can get. I hate seeing those sale prices, because we groan when we think of what we paid for them about 5 years ago.

Got some extra LED lights at Walgreen's the other day. They had good deals on them and no pushing or shoving. Besides the sale, I had coupons from them, so didn't spend much.
    I KNOW!

Kathy and I were looking at 46" LED's with good brand names, and they were cheaper then we paid for a 42" LCD 3 years ago. It made me hate technology.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There are just so many flat screens you can get. .
    I only have 1 flat screen in the house, in the living room. The one in my bedroom and office/den are box tubes with built in dvd and vcr inputs. I got them over 10 years ago when I first moved to Florida and they still work. My living room is and HDTV with DVR so I "record' and watch all movies/shows there. But if I'm in my office, I'm mainly online so anything on tv is just background noise for me. In my bedroom I use the tv to fall asleep.

I refuse to spend the money just to get the best and latest when I have perfectly working tv's now. Or maybe I'm just cheap.

Power CUer
    We still have a 36" Sony (with all the tubes or whatever) that we got 12 years ago - the one that's so heavy you have to put it on its own stand to support it. That thing will last forever, so I haven't looked at flat screens yet.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We still have a 36" Sony (with all the tubes or whatever) that we got 12 years ago - the one that's so heavy you have to put it on its own stand to support it. That thing will last forever, so I haven't looked at flat screens yet.
    We have a small flat screen in the kitchen that doesn't take up a lot of room on the counter. We got it 5 years ago, ditto a slightly larger one for our bedroom.I'm not sure of the sizes, but do have a larger one in the living room. All of these were bought 5 years ago when SR and I were married. We dumped our big old tube tv's. We have a large tube one that's built in to the cabinets in our family room here, left by the previous owner along with the sound system and lots of gear. I hope that big old sony lasts forever as don't want to try to find something that will fit in that space.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

All electronics have gone down in price over the years. I think we have all purchased a $400 VCR at some point! I remember when a 19" TV cost our family over $500 and we had to get up to change the channel. That was in the late 70's....that was a lot of dough then.

I remember when flat screens first came out. People were getting loans for them. It was not uncommon to see them advertised for 6 to 10k.......