Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Black Friday or Cyber Monday? 
    The stores are starting their Black Friday deals even earlier this year. Some as early as 4pm, 8 pm and 9pm Thanksgiving Day. They still have the door buster sales starting at 4am as well. Last year, I went for the first time and while I got some good deals...I don't get all the frenzy. I couldn't believe how many people were actually at Macys at 4am.

This year, I may do the Cyber Monday instead and do some shopping from the comfort of my office chair.

For a good website that has all the ads in one place- BlackFriday.com

I'm about ready to unsubscribe as have been getting a deluge of emails for early Black Friday internet specials. I'm afraid that not a good target, as I bought all my Christmas gifts early and took them to St Louis in October to save all the time packing and money shipping. Everything was wrapped, so no last minute rush, other than SR's gifts.

The only place we plan to hit is BJ's, one of the big box stores. We plan to get a vacuum sealer for the food that's going to go in our new freezer---that is, after we return the one that was dropped down by the UPS guy 3 feet to the ground and damaged and get delivery of the new one.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

So did anyone get super buys on Black Friday? We got $45 off the price of one of those vacuum sealers. If only Home Depot will get that freezer delivered (and hopefully UPS won't destroy freezer #2).

I missed all the $1 poinsetta plants at HD. We went yesterday, but I didn't get an early enough start. They were all gone, and heard that the one store supposedly had 10,000 of them. People must have been trampled getting them. Neither of us can get inspired to get going that early on Black Friday.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Power CUer
    Never Black Friday, always Cyber Monday. SLW, if SR has dress shirts with French cuffs, Nieman Marcus has Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Yoda cufflinks. $125/pair but hurry!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Never Black Friday, always Cyber Monday. SLW, if SR has dress shirts with French cuffs, Nieman Marcus has Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Yoda cufflinks. $125/pair but hurry!
    He is the world's most casual man. Apparently when he moved to Florida via Atlanta years ago, he donated all his suits. When we were married, he had to dig into his wardrobe to get his one and only sports coat. It's difficult to even get him to wear long "big boy" pants. He wears shorts everywhere. He even wore them in St Louis, no matter how cold it was.

I'm not even sure that he has a shirt with French cuffs, although I love them. He's tough to select Christmas gifts.

"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Dress shirt??? French cuffs????

May the FORCE be with you!

On Thursday night I was able to score more deals then the people standing in line and those staying awake all night.

All done online. Amazon.com, Walmart.com, etc.

I bought the same TV online that many people left the store without.

Power CUer
    Don't have a tantrum, SR. Maybe SLW can find black Darth Vader socks to wear with shorts and sandals, for that spiffy Florida "old guy at the beach" look.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The stores are starting their Black Friday deals even earlier this year. Some as early as 4pm, 8 pm and 9pm Thanksgiving Day. They still have the door buster sales starting at 4am as well. Last year, I went for the first time and while I got some good deals...I don't get all the frenzy. I couldn't believe how many people were actually at Macys at 4am.

This year, I may do the Cyber Monday instead and do some shopping from the comfort of my office chair.

For a good website that has all the ads in one place- BlackFriday.com
    I'd rather do cyber Monday. It was fun to work last black Friday, but I wouldn't want to push and shove to actually shop. Wal-Mart even allows free shipping if sent to the store to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'd rather do cyber Monday. It was fun to work last black Friday, but I wouldn't want to push and shove to actually shop. Wal-Mart even allows free shipping if sent to the store to pick up.
    I don't like the pushing and shoving either. We went out on Black Friday, but around noon. Most of the good bargains were gone, but got that vacuum sealer that I wanted.

Crate & Barrel has had a sale going on since Thursday and ends Monday, I believe. They're giving 15% off and free shipping. I needed a rug pad and was going to order one from them, but that 15% off, although not huge, was helpful, particularly the free shipping. I had looked on the internet and couldn't find anything that I liked as much, even before the 15% off.

In fact made 2 orders with them over the weekend. We have 2 or 3 of a number of different glasses. I ordered some kind of cool looking contemporary glasses, orange, shorter glasses and coolers. If any of them break, they're open stock and have been carried at C&B for 20 years in that pattern. So I'm happy.

"