Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

So why did he make a sign that has nothing to do with the occasion or the denomination he practices? Its just another way of giving believers the finger. Isn't that cool? The president has pardon power, enshrined in the U.S. constitution. That power is not religiously related. The Mercedes Marxist likes to do that subtle mocking of Christianity. His muslim upbringing is the source of that mocking. And did you notice that half-way through the blessing he had to look to his left to see how to finish the blessing? He could not even pretend to be The Pope without "off-screen" instructions. So what does a "traditional" Muslim use his left hand for .. given the lack of toilet paper in most Muslim countries?
    C'mon now you're talking about a guy who didn't realize the First Lady of IIRC Burma gave him the greeting the royalty gives servants.

Typical Liberal...he thought he was being funny...and he failed.

This guy can't get anything right unless it's coming straight off the TelePrompTer
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I would be surprised if UCC ritual includes the papist sign of the cross. You hard even see Episcopalians doing this anymore either. I haven't been to a Catholic Church in 30 years so I don't know what they are doing these days.
    I grew up in the UCC and we never made the sign of the cross. I wouldn't know how to do it properly. Our minister's wife and a friend once performed traditional african sacred dancing during a service, however. Since there were no africans (not even african-americans, at that time) in the church, I'll never know if they got it right.

My friends and I have made the sign of the cross jokingly and probably improperly after narrow escapes, usually of the vehicular kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I would be surprised if UCC ritual includes the papist sign of the cross. You hard even see Episcopalians doing this anymore either. I haven't been to a Catholic Church in 30 years so I don't know what they are doing these days.
    That is inaccurate. At least in Fort Worth, Texas. At my church, the congregation does this at several points during the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That is inaccurate. At least in Fort Worth, Texas. At my church, the congregation does this at several points during the service.
    Do you have turkeys in your church?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg