2 bars of butter(softened)
    3 eggs (jumbo) or 4 (large)
    1 cup of white granulated sugar
    1 cup of brown sugar
    1 tsp of vanilla
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    1 tsp of nutmeg
    Pinch of 5 spice

BAKE sweet potatoes on foil covered sheet pan for 1.5 hours at 375degrees.

Add Butter to mixing bowl and mix on low, Add Sweet Potatoes that have been smashed by a fork. Add eggs, one at a time until blended. Add milk. Add sugars. Add vanilla and spices. Leave mixer on low as you add ingredients.

Pour into frozen pie shell and Bake at 350degees for 55-60minutes. Insert knife into center and it should come out clean.

Serve with Cool Whip

Prep-Only 2 potatoes are shown, but I baked 4 as I made 4 pies.

In pie shells

Out of the oven!

I am bringing two pies to work tomorrow as it's my holiday to work (although I am hitting the sales at 10PM) I am bringing one to my mom's and one stays home with MOI. This is a collaboration of a few recipes so technically, it's mine. Also, I only added the 5 spice because I had it in the house and since it's sweet and salty, I decided to use it instead of a pinch of salt. It also has nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon I believe so it fits the recipe.

Also, make sure you roast your potatoes and not boil. I skipped this important step one and took the easy way out and it made a big difference in the taste. So take the extra prep time to roast them, they get all caramelized and yummy. Boiling steals all their flavor.

They look great. I have never had sweet potato pie! I have had plenty of sweet potatos like mashed, and candied but never in a pie. I gotta try it!
    Great pics too!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    They look great. I have never had sweet potato pie! I have had plenty of sweet potatos like mashed, and candied but never in a pie. I gotta try it!
    Great pics too!
    IMO, they are much better than Pumpkin pies....home-made is the better than store bought.

I'll take one.

Weren't you just on here giving someone a hard time about cracked pies?
    Be Not Afraid.

Hehe!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'll take one.

Weren't you just on here giving someone a hard time about cracked pies?
    First of all, I didn't give him a hard time, I just made a suggestion on how not to crack a cheesecake. Secondly, only one cracked(bottom left), the other three are indentations left by my knife test...duhhhh. After all, it is a souffle, sort of.

I just got home from work and had a piece, I forgot to defrost the cool whip so I had it plain...and DELICIOUS, as usual. I'm going to devour this thing before week end. Maybe I'll let the midget have a piece.
    I made nice copies of the recipe and printed a few of them tonight as I know I will get recipe requests.

Edit" I need to critique my own recipe since I always do so with Patriot. It's a little sweeter than I would like so I may tweak it next time. I may cut back the sugar to 3/4 white and 3/4 brown. Probably with the Cool Whip, it won't matter.