Thread: Black Friday and Thanksgiving.

1. #1 Black Friday and Thanksgiving. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    nadin, Thanksgiving/Black Friday Expert...

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
    nadinbrzezinski

Black Friday and Thanksgiving.

First I'd like to remind you why FDR moved the holiday one week in 1933, and fixed it in the calendar. We might complain about consumption and Black Friday sales and all that crap, but our economy depends on consumption. That is the way it is.

The problem is not that we have Black Friday. It s how it is encroaching on a secular family holiday and how retailers know they need to do this to ensure profits are met.

Remember why it is called Black Friday too. This is the weekend when retail finally turns a profit. To me it speaks of the system overall, and how it is, in my mind, somewhat broken.

If you need to shop this weekend, I urge you to participate on small business Saturday though

A useless thread but hey, it's nadin.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'll be going to Walmart on Friday.
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I'm planning to shop at small businesses this weekend to avoid the crowds at malls and the bix box stores....well, that and because the malls and big box stores don't carry the stuff I'm buying. One of the game stores in the area is having a 25% off sale on Games Workshop items so I'm going to go pick up a couple of things for my Warhammer 40k Necron army.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf