1. #1 Peace, turkey pardoned by President Obama last Thanksgiving, euthanized 
    Officials insist timing of death not suspicious

(snip)

But pressed on details about Peace's death, and what was done with the carcass, Aloisi deferred. "Honestly, I work in marketing," she said, defensively. "We have a 500-acre facility."

(snip)

Asked if the inn serves turkey, Aloisi hedged. "That's a good question. I assume so," she said.

The inn, in fact, boasts of "costumed servers" who serve "delicious regional and colonial cuisine" including a "Roast Turkey Dinner" for $17.50, according to the inn's web site.

Aloisi said turkeys have short lifespans, especially those bred for eating. The timing of the death was "curious," Aloisi allowed, but not suspicious.

"I know that it was done in a humane manner but I don't know the mechanics," she said.

(snip)

At the Nov. 23, 2011, pardoning, President Obama said Peace was "going to retire to a life of leisure at Mount Vernon - the same place where George Washington spent his golden years."

But now Peace is dead.

And two new birds pardoned by President Obama will be put on public display until early January, and will then be retired to live out the rest of their natural lives, spared the feast.

If that's what you choose to believe.

(snip)
    I guess Mooshell got hungry for some low fat meat.......

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Susan Rice will be on the Sunday morning shows to blame it on an obscure video.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I've always laughed at the idea of pardoning the Presidential turkey(s). If I was President there would be no pardon for a turkey that was bred to be eaten.
    Last edited by Zathras; 11-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I've alway laughed at the idea of pardoning the Presidential turkey(s). If I was President there would be no pardon for a turkey that was bred to be eaten.
    I would pardon a tofu turkey, they should not be eaten, except maybe by a goat.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I would pardon a tofu turkey, they should not be eaten, except maybe by a goat.
    ...except by a vegie........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Ummm guys...

You do know that the pardoned turkeys have a limited life-span to begin with, right? Most don't live a year after being "pardoned"...

just saying...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Susan Rice will be on the Sunday morning shows to blame it on an obscure video.
    ...and Wolfgang Puck will be arrested shortly there after...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Why did they give the turkey to youth in Asia anyway?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Why did they give the turkey to youth in Asia anyway?
    Because they're starving? Or maybe it's just outsourcing.

It could be worse, though. Considering the number of turkeys that he's going to be appointing to federal judgeships over the next few years, we should be happy that he only pardoned this one.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!