Thread: Ah, the joys of spending Thanksgiving with right wing nuts

1. #1 Ah, the joys of spending Thanksgiving with right wing nuts 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man, the stories this year are just piss poor!!!

Thu Nov 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Sailingdiver

Ah, the joys of spending Thanksgiving with right wing nuts

Yes, another enjoyable Thanksgiving with my family and the folks they invited. It all started when my SIL and her father spoke up at the same time and said how the President was driving the country to disaster, the ACA was going to be the demise of the country, and those horrible "non-traditional" folks were soaking the USA with their completely unfounded welfare claims.

To which I responded "that is one opinion, a rather shallow opinion, but an opinion nonetheless" and asked how they could support the basic tenets of the ACA when it was a major proposal of the GOP when Newt was promoting healthcare reform but not when the first Black President pushed the same reform, then asked what ME country they wanted us to invade to advance the good old USA instead of trying to improve the lives of fellow Americans.

Silence befell the group. Not a response from the RW'ers.

Three glasses of wine later they left and I enjoyed my reheated dinner.

I will be alone for Christmas rather than endure any more of those stupid fucker's nonsense.

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.
    We expect better from you idiots!!! Make sure you Gin it up for Xmas!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

When you have mixed politics in a family, if you want to enjoy each others company you do not discuss politics.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I will be alone for Christmas rather than endure any more of those stupid fucker's nonsense.
    Excellent. Operation "Remove DUmmies from family gatherings" scores another win.
    Be Not Afraid.

Silence befell the group. Not a response from the RW'ers.

Three glasses of wine later they left and I enjoyed my reheated dinner.
    And because the relatives refrained from getting into an argument, DUMMIES claim that they "won".
    first Black President
    The first thing liberals see about a person is their skin color. And then they use it to attempt to silence others.
    gopiscrap (2,148 posts)

4. This is why if you're not a liberal Democrat

I won't even aknowledge you! Yet alone enter into a conversation with you...all Republicans are fucking scum...my wife and I havent talked her parents for 16 years now and her parents have missed being grandparents to our two children...but it is much better this so that they don't get pullted with their crazy, danerous ideas policially.
    Sounds like one bitter, hateful DUmmie. He deprives his children of their grandparents because of HIS hatred of conservatives. Great example there. Wonder what they are learning in terms of how to handle differences of opinion and philosophy? Wonder how his kids are going to treat gopiscrap when they are adults?

ChisolmTrailDem (348 posts)

23. There were many times in my life I wondered,

while watching opposing groups in other countries, for instance in Ireland, how two groups in the same country could hate each other so much. Then this new RWNJ virus spread through my family and now I understand. Because I am getting to the point where I literally hate them. And that bothers me because I've never experienced hatred in myself for anyone. Oh sure, there's been the rhetorical flourishes but this time it's visceral. I truly hate RWNJs. And it's mainly due to their refusal to accept facts and because they get so angry when presented with same and for their extreme selfishness.

I really want this country rid of them.
    How surpristing - [NOT] - lliberals throw temper tantrums and feel hatred when conservatives don't accept leftists "facts" (like Bush "lied" us into a war).

Fabulous Poster
    People are so touchy these days. When I was a kid, my uncle Bill (resembled Col. Sanders crossed with Leslie Howard) would say whatever was on his mind at family dinners. No one cupped the ears of children. No one shushed him. No one went silent. They did occasionally look astonished, and then my grandmother or my mother would direct the conversation in a different direction.

Even in the late 60's when there was plenty of social unrest to talk about and people to blame for it, the conversation at Thanksgiving and Christmas tended towards the usual rehash of age old feuds, retelling of age old stories, and my grandmother punctuating the conversation with words of wisdom from her long departed mentor Miss Minnie. I honestly can't recall anyone going on about President Johnson, Stokely Carmichael, or the SDS at dinner. I'm sure they talked about Vietnam because my uncle Don was in Vietnam, but they talked about Don not the politics of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    ..................I honestly can't recall anyone going on about President Johnson, Stokely Carmichael, or the SDS at dinner. I'm sure they talked about Vietnam because my uncle Don was in Vietnam, but they talked about Don not the politics of the war.
    Then something was wrong in your home.

The DUmmies of today will not recall anyone going on about Obama, Attorney General Holder, Acorn, or Occupy Wall Street, either. That's because in their homes they don't go on about such things. And as was pointed out in this thread, if someone is inclined to go on about such things they are excluded from family gatherings.

"To a worm in an apple all the world is an apple"

For what it's worth, I would have loved to have had my conservative Grandpa around for another Thanksgiving. He would have been raving about the election, but he would have eventually fallen asleep in a chair, after eating turkey and drinking a glass of wine.