1. #1 'Son of Hamas' Says Israel Made a Mistake with Ceasefire 
    Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the founders of Hamas and former Shin Bet agent: Israel made a mistake by agreeing to a ceasefire.

Elad Benari, Canada
    First Publish: 11/23/2012, 10:06 PM

Mosab Hassan Yousef
    Arutz Sheva / INN TV

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the founders of the Hamas terrorist organization and author of the book “Son of Hamas,” said on Friday that Israel made a mistake by agreeing to a ceasefire with Gaza’s terrorist rulers.

Yousef has spent a number of years abroad following a decade in which he risked his life working undercover as an agent for the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet). His code name during that time was 'The Green Prince.'

"What is important is that at the moment there is a ceasefire, and I think we need to look at things and digest all of what happened," Yousef told Israel’s Channel 2 News in a special interview.

"I believe the Shin Bet did its best,” he added. “Let's not forget that our enemy is a barbaric one which uses women and children as human shields, and in these situations we are very limited, because we care about the lives of innocent citizens.”

Asked about the possibility of an Israeli ground operation in Gaza, Yousef responded that "it may be that it was not the best timing for action of this kind - but I'm sure it's a possibility that Israel will consider for the future."

"Israel should not reoccupy Gaza, but I believe that it has the ability to guard the borders through which Hamas transfers weapons," said Yousef, adding that he believes there may be another round of violence between the two sides. "Today we know that they have greater capabilities than ever before. I'm sure it will allow us to prepare for the future,” he said.

Speaking about the possibility that Israel would have to work towards toppling the Hamas regime in Gaza, the former Shin Bet agent said, "This is necessary, but we have to work very hard for it. This is necessary not only for Israel - but for the benefit of humanity. Hamas was born to destroy. It cannot build.”

"I have trouble believing that Hamas will be able to one day build a modern state,” said Yousef. “I hope their lies will be exposed to the Palestinian public."

He praised the State of Israel, saying that "Israel helps the Palestinian people more than anyone else: every day it provides electricity and even the salaries paid to employees come from banks in Israel. There is also humanitarian aid that enters Gaza.”

Finally, he turned to his father, Hassan Yousef, and other Hamas leaders and said, "I want to say to the members of the organization, including my father, who are listening to this interview - brave people do not hide behind children and fire missiles. If they had even a bit of courage - they would be able to leave Gaza instead of hiding like rats."

(Arutz Sheva’s North American Desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...4#.ULFmt4e7PoJ

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If you look at the whole picture the last three months, nothing is surprising about the recent events in Gaza.

Obama sent a message to the Islamic world that we would no longer be offering any significant resistance to them, by letting them kill our ambassador in Benghazi not only did he show that we would not stop them but we would also hold ourselves responsible for their actions claiming we deserve what we had coming because of the idiotic video.
    They received our message loud and clear, if we would not even protect our own embassy it was obvious to them that Israel was on it's own.
    if any of them harbored thoughts that Obama was the sole power in the US they had only to look at 2 Generals and an Admiral that were relieved of command after rumors of them defying him. It's Israels move now and if they blow it only God can save them but that appears to have been the case with Israel all along.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If you look at the whole picture the last three months, nothing is surprising about the recent events in Gaza.

Obama sent a message to the Islamic world that we would no longer be offering any significant resistance to them, by letting them kill our ambassador in Benghazi not only did he show that we would not stop them but we would also hold ourselves responsible for their actions claiming we deserve what we had coming because of the idiotic video.
    They received our message loud and clear, if we would not even protect our own embassy it was obvious to them that Israel was on it's own.
    if any of them harbored thoughts that Obama was the sole power in the US they had only to look at 2 Generals and an Admiral that were relieved of command after rumors of them defying him. It's Israels move now and if they blow it only God can save them but that appears to have been the case with Israel all along.
    QFT. Our response to terrorism and Islamic imperialism will be to bury our heads in the sand, preferable while facing Mecca.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I thought Ceasefire meant "rearm" in Arabic.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Mosab is still really hot. I had to get that out of the way.

I won't say that Israel made a mistake, but I will say I wasn't buying it on the end of Hamas. I knew they'd find a way to attack and get Israel to retaliate, and I was right. Did Hamas seriously expect Israel to just let hostile Palestinians cross the border?

Plus, the whole whine of "don't attack us" was bullcrap anyway. So Hamas throws about a hundred rockets toward Israel, and they were supposed to play nice? Meanwhile, we're relying on the Muslim Brotherhood in Eygpt to help make peace? Do they really believe we don't notice they're the same group of people?

I have tried to hold my ground in a belief that there should be a two state solution, but this idea isn't working. I think Israel needs to take completely over the area, destroy Hamas, and make the transition with the Palestinians. Tell them "Look, you can be part of this country or you can leave." The transition wouldn't happen over night, but I think it's a better solution than always trying to work something out with a terrorist group.

And anybody who hasn't read "Son of Hamas" really should. It's an eye opener. The Hamas not only hates Israelis, but they don't care much about their fellow Palestinians or even the families of Hamas members. They actually put his mother down for trying to make a living while his Hamas father was in prison. Does that sound like people who care about the welfare of Palestinians? No. They're not.

Rant off.