Thread: GOP Possibly Surrendering on Tax Hikes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1 GOP Possibly Surrendering on Tax Hikes 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    Top Republican senator ditching Norquist anti-tax pledge

    A top Republican senator is casting aside an anti-tax pledge he signed, saying that solving the country’s looming fiscal crisis is more important than honoring the decades-old pact.

    Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., broke ranks with other conservatives Wednesday when he made the remarks to a local television station. Chambliss is a member of the Gang of Six, a bipartisan group of senators tasked with finding a solution to the country's fiscal woes.

    "I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," he told WMAZ-TV. "If we do it his way then we’ll continue in debt, and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

    NYPost

    What an embarrassment and an insult to see it in print that this guy is a "Top GOP Senator". Heres a little secret that seems to escape the elite lily livered weasels in DC (aka repuke "leadership") it's not a revenue problem, it's a spending problem!
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,086
    Is there anyone here that doubts the house will cave to Obama, anyone? I new the instant Obama was reelected that the house would fall, that is one of many reasons why I said winning the house was meaningless, we would have caved if we had the senate also, the party is done.
    It was either win the presidency or kiss the republic good bye.

    By the way , I heard over a million republicans wrote Jesus in on their ballot as a protest vote, someday they will have to explain to him why.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    11,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Is there anyone here that doubts the house will cave to Obama, anyone? I new the instant Obama was reelected that the house would fall, that is one of many reasons why I said winning the house was meaningless, we would have caved if we had the senate also, the party is done.
    It was either win the presidency or kiss the republic good bye.

    By the way , I heard over a million republicans wrote Jesus in on their ballot as a protest vote, someday they will have to explain to him why.

    There will be some holdouts-Ryan, Cantor (maybe), Rand Paul, and maybe some others. But Boehner and others will probably vote to increase taxes on the wealthy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Is there anyone here that doubts the house will cave to Obama, anyone? I new the instant Obama was reelected that the house would fall, that is one of many reasons why I said winning the house was meaningless, we would have caved if we had the senate also, the party is done.
    It was either win the presidency or kiss the republic good bye.

    By the way , I heard over a million republicans wrote Jesus in on their ballot as a protest vote, someday they will have to explain to him why.
    Because God wanted Obama to be President. All things are under His control and nothing happens that He didn't cause to happen or allow to happen. All things work for the glory of God. Just because we can't see it right now doens't mean something good will not come of it.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,086
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Because God wanted Obama to be President. All things are under His control and nothing happens that He didn't cause to happen or allow to happen. All things work for the glory of God. Just because we can't see it right now doens't mean something good will not come of it.
    You don't need to explain that to me, but that doesn't mean people are relieved of any responsibility for their actions. The actions of Judas were ordained by God yet he will still be held responsible for what he did.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,086
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There will be some holdouts-Ryan, Cantor (maybe), Rand Paul, and maybe some others. But Boehner and others will probably vote to increase taxes on the wealthy.
    The house of Representatives are now the lapdogs of the democrat party, any resistance will be little more than an occasional whimper.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You don't need to explain that to me, but that doesn't mean people are relieved of any responsibility for their actions. The actions of Judas were ordained by God yet he will still be held responsible for what he did.
    I suspect that when they stand before God they will answer by saying "I voted for the person I thought best suited to handle the job"

    It's the ones who voted for Mickey Mouse who may have issues.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There will be some holdouts-Ryan, Cantor (maybe), Rand Paul, and maybe some others. But Boehner and others will probably vote to increase taxes on the wealthy.
    It's just a PR campaign. "Look at us! We are putting revenue on the table!"

    Sound and fury signifying nothing. Just trying to slip out of the driver's seat as the car heads for the cliff.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,086
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I suspect that when they stand before God they will answer by saying "I voted for the person I thought best suited to handle the job"

    It's the ones who voted for Mickey Mouse who may have issues.
    Jesus chastised the Jews when they wanted him to overthrow the Roman government and become their king, we have a responsibility because we are the government now, throwing away your vote frivolously is irresponsible.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There will be some holdouts-Ryan, Cantor (maybe), Rand Paul, and maybe some others. But Boehner and others will probably vote to increase taxes on the wealthy.
    Cantor was sounding today like the "tax pledge" had outlived its usefulness.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •