Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good ol Lindsey Graham has probably already started writing up the document to raise taxes.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Good ol Lindsey Graham has probably already started writing up the document to raise taxes.
    It should be easy to write up considering all it requires is for Congress to do nothing.

They have to raise taxes, arming the Muslim Brotherhood is not cheap!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Jesus chastised the Jews when they wanted him to overthrow the Roman government and become their king, we have a responsibility because we are the government now, throwing away your vote frivolously is irresponsible.
    The fact that Christ chastised the Jews over their desire for his Kingship does in no way indicate that people you and I perceive as throwing their votes away are defying God.

He also told us to be in the world but not of the world and to not be troubled by the things of man. We are to obey the government and pray for wisdom for our leadership. I suppose Christ would want us to vote based on our Christian conscience but what if someone's conscience precludes them from voting for Obama and from voting for a member of what they perceive to be a cult. Are they to vote our way because we feel no spiritual mandates stopping us for voting for Romney?

One of the reasons I reduced my involvement on the message boards was that I came to believe that the more time I spent worrying about politics was time that I could be better spent working on my relationship with my Father. I vote based on my Christian conscience but I understand that all outcomes fill God's wishes, not mine. I still like to have a conversation about politics or society but I try not to spend a hell of a lot of time worrying about what the world is doing other than to prepare. God's in control and I will do what I feel he wants me to do. I feel he wants me to vote and to use the wits he gave me to figure out who I am to vote for (this one was a no brainer). On the other hand I can't say with any conviction that he didn't tell a million people to vote for Jesus.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

When will our congressmen realize the only way out of this hole is to reform spending on BOTH the military and social programs? When will the voters figure this out? The Dems only want to cut spending to the military and the republicans have a collective heart attack hearing about that, while on the other hand, Republican voters (screw our RINO reps right now) want to cut social spending but increase military spending.

For those of you about to say the only reform military spending needs is more money, one word: AAFES. (Don't know what that is, ask a soldier.) The point is, the military bureaucracy is not at all known for wise spending practices. Civilians assume that the five hundred dollar hammer illustration, is just the military not divulging all of what it bought on a given day and saying they spent all their money on a single hammer. Soldiers on the other hand, tend to have no doubt that someone in the bureaucracy found and and made someone buy a hammer for five hundred dollars. ("It's five hundred dollars! I must be a good hammer!"). Soldiers know how to shop, private businesses know how to shop but bureaucracies... no, they have no idea.
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Fabulous Poster
    Mark Le-vin was actually clear, concise, and correct about this two days ago. He said on his program that they (Congressmen) cannot truthfully claim that the tax hikes will reduce the deficit or the debt.... because they don't have a budget. Because the money is not officially dedicated to debt reduction, or deficit reduction, and because there is no limit at present to spending, then no one should vote for these tax hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Mark Le-vin was actually clear, concise, and correct about this two days ago. He said on his program that they (Congressmen) cannot truthfully claim that the tax hikes will reduce the deficit or the debt.... because they don't have a budget. Because the money is not officially dedicated to debt reduction, or deficit reduction, and because there is no limit at present to spending, then no one should vote for these tax hikes.
    Don't make fun of his Jewish name or I will have you arrested.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I have always had issue with the pledge. Not what the pledge is about but just the concept. If I were a politician I wouldn't sign it. I owe nothing to Grover Norquist and never will. I don't need to sign his pledge in order to not raise taxes. I hope the reversal from these politicians is simply just not wanting to be on the pledge anymore; however I doubt that. Here's to hoping they don't try to hike taxes.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

The surrendering started with Bill Kristol when he badmouthed the GOP for shielding "the rich" from paying more taxes.

He's since just about gone full moonbat on the subject.

The pols seem to be lining up behind him.

The morons just don't get it -- D.C. is frigging awash in money. They just can't stop spending it.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    The surrendering started with Bill Kristol when he badmouthed the GOP for shielding "the rich" from paying more taxes.

He's since just about gone full moonbat on the subject.

The pols seem to be lining up behind him.

The morons just don't get it -- D.C. is frigging awash in money. They just can't stop spending it.
    Bill Kristol also thought that the Arab spring was a really good thing, he's consistent. If conservative voices are ever shut down due to censorship Bill Kristol will still be heard loud and clear.