Hybrid View

1. #1 A Physician’s New Reality: Patients Ask Me to Break the Law 
    Obama won, Obamacare is the law, and, as my wife says, I will just have to learn to dance to a new song.

Now, don’t get me wrong, Obamacare is awful. Forget all the “free stuff” it provides. Children covered on their parents’ plan until 26 years of age? A scam, making young adults — excuse me, children — pay for complete, comprehensive health insurance when all they need and should pay for is major catastrophe insurance. Then there is the “annual ” or “preventative” exam, which according to Obamacare is “free.”

You gotta love this stuff. I wish I had the chutzpah of the people who wrote Obamacare. What they did not tell you, and I am, is that it covers absolutely nothing more than the bare minimum.

I have now posted a notice in my office and each exam room stating exactly what Obamacare will cover for those yearly visits. Remember Obama promised this as a free exam — no co-pay, no deductible, no charge. That’s fine and dandy if you are healthy and have no complaints. However, we are obligated by law to code specifically for the reason of the visit. An annual exam is one specific code; you can not mix this with another code, say, for rectal bleeding. This annual visit covers the exam and “discussion about the status of previously diagnosed stable conditions.” That’s the exact wording under that code — insurance will not cover any new ailment under that code.

If you are here for that annual exam, you will not be covered if you want to discuss any new ailment or unstable condition. I cannot bait and switch to another code — that’s illegal. We, the physicians, are audited all the time and can lose our license for insurance fraud.
    http://pjmedia.com/blog/a-physicians...break-the-law/

Great article.

Great comments.

Power CUer
    Thanks to Obamacare my insurance rates have just gone up yet again!

But but everybody is covered and it is FREEEEEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Exactly. Not only are insurance rates going up, many full time workers are having their hours cut.

30 hours is now full time as defined by Obamacare! Many will be faced with working two jobs and still not qualifying for benefits!

Adjunct English professor Clint Benjamin, who has been teaching at the college for six years, pays out-of-pocket for catastrophic health care coverage only and had vague hopes of improved insurance under the Affordable Care Act. Not only is he now ineligible for such help, but the course load reduction will translate to up to $600 less in pay each month.
    But Benjamin still will be working full-time. Between the college and nearby Duquesne University, he currently teaches seven courses per semester. He estimated he works up to 70 hours per week, but doesn't qualify for health insurance at either institution.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2165383.html

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Exactly. Not only are insurance rates going up, many full time workers are having their hours cut.

30 hours is now full time as defined by Obamacare! Many will be faced with working two jobs and still not qualifying for benefits!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2165383.html
    Which was his intentions all along. This way mother government can step in and take up the cost.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    "If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's free."-P.J. O'Rourke
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.