Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 SWEDEN'S largest toy chain "gender neutral" 
    SWEDEN'S largest toy chain "gender neutral" after picturing boys holding baby dolls and banishing girls from the dolls pages of its Christmas catalogue.
    Digital Pass - $5 weekend papers

"For several years, we have found that the gender debate has grown so strong in the Swedish market that we ... have had to adjust," Jan Nyberg, director of sales at Top Toy, franchise-holder for US toy chain Toys R Us, said.

The country's advertising watchdog reprimanded the company for gender discrimination three years ago following complaints over outdated gender roles in the 2008 Christmas catalogue, which featured boys dressed as superheroes and girls playing princess.

A comparison between this year's Toys R Us catalogues in Sweden and Denmark, where Top Toy is also the franchisee, showed that a boy wielding a toy machine gun in the Danish edition had been replaced by a girl in Sweden.

Elsewhere, a girl was Photoshopped out of the "Hello Kitty" page, a girl holding a baby doll was replaced by a boy, and, in sister chain BR's catalogue, a young girl's pink T-shirt was turned light blue.

Top Toy, Sweden's largest toy retailer by number of stores, said it had received "training and guidance" from the Swedish advertising watchdog, which is a self-regulatory agency.

"We have produced the catalogues for both BR and Toys R Us in a completely different way this year," Nyberg said.
    Read More>http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/gir...-1226523307879

The world is just going fucking crazy!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

This will be the next sex change craze. "Make me gender neutral."

"With the new gender thinking, there is nothing that is right or wrong. It's not a boy or a girl thing, it's a toy for children."
    You just need to keep an open mind, Rock.

This is born out of the stupidity that women can do the same things as good as men which is total bullshit. With extreme exceptions, the only thing a woman can do better than a man is give birth.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is born out of the stupidity that women can do the same things as good as men which is total bullshit. With extreme exceptions, the only thing a woman can do better than a man is give birth.
    Its not even a question of what sex can do things better, men do things differently then women. Men for example using logic for certain problem solving exercises, while women use their emotions.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Its not even a question of what sex can do things better, men do things differently then women. Men for example using logic for certain problem solving exercises, while women use their emotions.
    Exactly. The sweds don't believe that the genders have innate differences and that they're all simply a result of society, even with evidence proving other wise the sweds will say "He was looking for something and saw it so his study isn't real, but look at how much pay gap there is against women!" (that last part I added :P)

If you guys want to learn a few things I have been reading about, here's an except from a complementarian conservative.

If you read through liberal commentary on the issue of sex distinctions you find certain recurring themes, all of them flowing logically and predictably from the underlying premises of liberalism:

Since liberals want to be self-determined, and sex distinctions are predetermined, liberals will often describe masculinity and femininity as restrictions on the individual. They use terms like fetter, prison and straitjacket to describe masculinity and femininity.

Liberals assume that we are made human by our capacity to self-determine. Therefore, there are liberals who believe that by dropping the idea of being men or women we finally get to be human beings.

Liberals want to be self-determined, so they particularly resent the predetermined biological fact of being male or female. Liberals are especially resentful of the link between being female and motherhood as this is held to be an unchosen biological destiny. (This is why feminists and liberals think that forcing a woman to carry her baby to term is "oppression", they didn't CHOOSE to get pregnant, they CHOSE to have entertainment, err sex, and since pregnancy isn't self-determined liberals feel they should have the power to determine what happens to their bodies, natural reproductive biology be damned.)

Liberals want to be able to transcend being male or female. Therefore, liberals often describe masculinity and femininity as being artificial social constructs, as this means they are categories that can be deconstructed. Liberals usually reject the idea that masculinity and femininity are natural, or that there are masculine and feminine essences or ideals.

Liberals want to be able to self-define. If there is only a binary choice between being male or female, the opportunity to self-define is limited. Therefore, liberals reject the idea of a binary, in favour of the idea that there are multiple and fluid sex identities.

If the aim is to self-determine, and sex distinctions are predetermined, then abolishing differences between men and women will be thought of as a liberation from outmoded prejudices and injustices. Liberals therefore believe there is a moral purpose in abolishing masculinity and femininity; it is looked on by some as a path to salvation.
    How do liberals themselves formulate these themes? Let's begin with Susan Moller Okin, a professor of ethics at Stanford University, who once wrote:

A just future would be one without gender. In its social structures and practices, one's sex would have no more relevance than one's eye color or the length of one's toes. [1]

According to American scholar Carolyn Heilbrun,

our future salvation lies in a movement away from sexual polarization and the prison of gender toward a world in which individual roles and modes of personal behavior can be freely chosen. [2]

Ann Snitow recalls being asked what motivated her political activism:

An academic woman sympathetic to the movement but not active asked what motivated me to spend all this time organizing, marching, meeting.

I tried to explain the excitement I felt at the idea that I didn't have to be a woman ... It was the idea of breaking the law of the category itself that made me delirious. [3]

A professor of journalism, Robert Jensen, warns us that,

We need to get rid of the whole idea of masculinity … Of course, if we are going to jettison masculinity, we have to scrap femininity along with it … For those of us who are biologically male, we have a simple choice: We men can settle for being men, or we can strive to be human beings. [4]

You guys should go read the rest of it, it really shows how ignorant liberals really are when it comes to biology

http://ozconservative.blogspot.com/2...tinctions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    They're already eunuchs from the neck up, so why not?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    It's an interesting manifestation of the invasion of Western civilization. Caucasians are the most dimorphic race. While it would take many generations to change that, assuming it could be changed depending upon how hard wired it is, the culture can be changed to emulate a less dimorphic ideal.

It's interesting that Sweden would be where this is happening, since I perceive Swedes to be among the least dimorphic of the Western/Northern European peoples.

It's interesting that in primates, the less dimorphic the population, the more monogamous they tend to be. Think about that when your 5 ft 1 in daughter brings home her 6 ft 2 in fiancé.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's an interesting manifestation of the invasion of Western civilization. Caucasians are the most dimorphic race. While it would take many generations to change that, assuming it could be changed depending upon how hard wired it is, the culture can be changed to emulate a less dimorphic ideal.

It's interesting that Sweden would be where this is happening, since I perceive Swedes to be among the least dimorphic of the Western/Northern European peoples.

It's interesting that in primates, the less dimorphic the population, the more monogamous they tend to be. Think about that when your 5 ft 1 in daughter brings home her 6 ft 2 in fiancé.
    Homo monkey talk, how cute.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

It's also interesting that a lot of primates fling their poo