Thread: Does DU Know??

1. #1 Does DU Know?? 
    Has anyone read these stories at DU? Can't imagine they will be pleased with the great "hi-yella" hope.

Obama Says Faith Community to be a Priority of His Administration

Barack Obama privately met with religious leaders in Chicago today. His spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters on the campaign plane today:
    Reaching out to the faith community is a priority for Barack Obama and will be a priority under an Obama Administration. This is one of several meetings he will have over the coming months with religious leaders....He's done it before. He'll do it again.
    He did it in South Carolina, here's his mailer(pdf).

As for who was present at the meeting, it was a combination Evangelicals, Mainline Protestants and Catholics. Among them:
    Mega-pastor TD Jakes and pro-life Catholic constitutional law professor Doug Kmiec...Rich Cizik with the conservative National Association of Evangelicals, best selling Christian author Max Lucado, Luis Cortes, Paul Corts, Cameron Strang, Bishop Phillip Cousin, Rev Stephen Thurston, Glenn Palmberg and Dr T Dewitt Smith.

The meeting lasted two hours during which they prayed. The Christian News Network is thrilled:

This is one more example of how Obama is not just bringing in the 'religious left' into his coalition. He wants to bring in conservative figures, too. McCain has some work to do.
    As for anti-choice law prof Doug Kmiec: "Kmiec is pro-life and has come out in support of Obama. "

also

Faith to Play Big Role at Democratic Convention

From an email I just received from the DNCC:

To kick-off Convention week in a spirit of unity, the DNCC, in conjunction with the Democratic Party's Faith in Action (FIA) Initiative, will host an interfaith gathering on Sunday, August 24th, beginning at 2:00 PM at the Wells Fargo Theater located in the Colorado Convention Center.

This is the first time a celebration of this nature has been part of a Democratic National Convention and is symbolic of the Party's desire to bring multiple communities together under its "big tent." The gathering will include clergy of different faiths, Party leaders, elected officials and local community leaders. Speakers and musical guests will be announced later this summer. The event will be open to the public.
    This has been in the works for a while. [More...]

The FIA initiative, founded in 2005 by Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Governor Howard Dean and Convention CEO Daughtry, focuses on ways for the Democratic Party to work with communities of faith to work together to promote the common good.
    In related news, a new 527 PAC is being formed to help Obama reach out to Christian voters. It's called the "Matthew 25 Network." A $1,000 per person fundraiser (pdf) is taking place tonight.

Much More at Link

When the DUmp does read it they will magically become Christian fundamentalists, dontcha know?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    When the DUmp does read it they will magically become Christian fundamentalists, dontcha know?
    We could see miracles there,the dead rising,signs in the heavens !

I do question whether I have it in me to vote for the liberal version of George W. Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    We could see miracles there,the dead rising,signs in the heavens !
    No miracle needed for that one...the dead have a tendency to vote Democratic, especially in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do question whether I have it in me to vote for the liberal version of George W. Bush.
    Think of it as voting against 'bama.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Has anyone read these stories at DU? Can't imagine they will be pleased with the great "hi-yella" hope.

Obama Says Faith Community to be a Priority of His Administration

also

Faith to Play Big Role at Democratic Convention

Much More at Link

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I made several searches. They will ignore this as long as they can.

The moonbats already think SnObama is the messiah.

So much for the separation of Church and State. :D
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade